Attention All Alabama (and surrounding area) Dopers! Finalized March 10th Fest Info!

Hello all. Here are the plans for the Alabama Dopefest on March 10th:
BamaDope 2001

The Basics

Where To Meet: University Mall in Tuscaloosa, AL. at the Main/Food Court entrance. We will not be eating there, just meeting. ((Directions from everywhere in the world at the bottom of this post.))
When: 4:00PM Saturday, March 10th, 2001.
Who’s Invited: All Alabama Dopers. Every single last one of you, and anyone from any surrounding states/regions that would like to come, are more than welcome to, and we’d love to see you there.
What To Bring: Your lovely self, and possibly a camera. ((I know I like to have lots of pictures. Just not of myself.))
Tentative Itinerary

After everyone arrives at/around 4:00PM, we will take a vote as to where we want to eat. ((Based on Ogre, Nocturne, and anyone else that’s lived there’s guidance.)) I chose the University Mall because it’s a very centralized location, and seems to be pretty much in the heart of things, so, we should be pretty close to anywhere we want to go. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to find. ((Oh, and don’t worry. Dreamland is still in the running.)) Anyway, we’ll go eat, hang out, converse, chum it up real good like, and from there, who knows? Perhaps we’ll decide we’re all tired and want to go home, or maybe we’ll all want to go hang out someplace else that someone suggests, or maybe, just maybe, and keep your fingers crossed on this, a group orgy? :wink: ((I’m just kidding.)) To any extent, that’s the plan.
RSVP

I have a pretty good idea of who has said that they could come. However, the only three definites I know of are myself, Nocturne, and Ogre. So, even if you told me you were coming before, if you would please, send a quick e-mail to Semi007@BellSouth.Net and please put “BamaDope” somewhere in the subject line. I would greatly appreciate it, as this will give me a final head-count, and will also make it a lot easier to know when everyone’s there. ((If you say you’re coming, I promise we’ll wait for you. :slight_smile: ))
Directions From Every Direction

Coming From The North
-Take I-65 South to the I-20/I-59 South Ramp towards Tuscaloosa.
-Merge onto I-59 and stay on it for 50 miles.
-Take the US-82, McFarland Blvd. Exit. Number 73.
-Turn right onto US-82, McFarland Blvd. and stay on it for 1.7 miles. ((About 4 lights, I think.))
-University Mall will be on your right. There’s a big sign and it’s pretty hard to miss.

Coming From The South
-Take I-65 North to the I-459 South Ramp towards Tuscaloosa.
-Merge onto I-459 and stay on it for 14 miles.
-Take the I-20/I-59 South Ramp towards Tuscaloosa.
-Merge onto I-59 and stay on it for 40 miles.
-Take the US-82, McFarland Blvd. Exit. Number 73.
-Turn right onto US-82, McFarland Blvd. and stay on it for 1.7 miles. ((About 4 lights, I think.))
-University Mall will be on your right. There’s a big sign and it’s pretty hard to miss.

Coming From The West
-Take I-59/I-20 East to US-82, McFarland Blvd. Exit. Number 73.

Coming From The East
-Take I-20 West to US-82, McFarland Blvd. Exit. Number 73.
And Lastly

I can’t wait to see you all there! Please RSVP and come out, and let’s make this Dopefest one to remember! :smiley:

Just a little lunch-time bump. I just want to make sure everyone gets to see this. :slight_smile:

Checking in with the big affirmative on my attendance. Unfortunately, it appears that super_head will not be there, since he is currently 800 miles away.

We still riding together, Simetra? You want to actually meet in person before we spend two hours in a car together on the way to Tuscaloosa?

:slight_smile:

Hey Ogre. I’m down for anything man. You’ve got my @.com, so just tell me when you’re free.

I’m still up for carpooling too.

This am I bumping, because this Dopefest is going to be loads and loads of fun.

Yeah it is. :slight_smile:

Bippidy-boppidy-bump!

Wow, the response is underwhelming.

All right…one more bump…to make my 500th post. I’ll make it meaningful by saying I am so psyched to meet all of you crazy people (except for Simetra-we’ve already met). I just wish you would respond to the thread or something.

Bump!

Well, when someone first posted that they wanted to do a dopefest in Alabama, I tried to coordinate it and got a good response. Emailed a bunch of you and found a perfect time based on everyone’s schedule, and by my count then, we had about 9 of us getting together, not counting family.

I’ve gotten absolutely no response about this one, and as far as I know, it’s just Ogre, Nocturne, and I. So, if I get some response this week, then okay… it’s all good. If no one else says anything by Thursday, then I’m just gonna call it and not worry about it. I’m gonna go up and visit Nocturne either way. :slight_smile:

Oh well, can’t say I didn’t try.

What on earth is wrong with the rest of you Bama Dopers? Osip? Dire Wolf? What’s up? You still alive?

Simetra, Ogre, and Nocturne

Hi. Although I’m as new as a ‘newbie’ can be, I’m a Bama Doper ready to go to Tuscaloosa. The decision to go has been hard to make, since I live in Auburn and I’ll be working all Friday night; hopefully this will justify my late response. Simetra, I’ll RSVP by e-mail soon.

Looking forward,
Pies ‘R’ Squared
:wink:

Hey!! This is GREAT! I just now saw this thread! I live really close to Tuscaloosa. Oh yeah…I will be there! I have been just dying to meet other dopers but most of the ones that get together always live up north or in another country. I never thought anybody in Alabama would even TRY to get a dopefest together.

Count me in, ya’ll! I can’t wait! :slight_smile:

damn…
As much as I would like to go, Momma Osip is in the Hosipital with Pnuonia which is bad because the semo wiped out her white blood cells.

Next one I will be there!

Osip

oh and silky threat HOW You DOING???

just kidding :wink:

I’m so sorry you can’t make it Osip. Especially considering the circumstances. I hope she feels better soon. You have my well wishes.

However, to Pies and Silky, welcome to the club. :slight_smile: I’m so happy that both of you can come, and I’ll be looking forward to seeing you there. And Pies, I promise we won’t hold post count against you. Heck, I’ve been here half a year, and I don’t even have 600 so… :wink: Anyway, glad you both can make it. :smiley:

Just got home from a long day at work… If either of you need better directions or anything, you know the email address…

Getting excited about it now. Just another bump to make sure anyone and everyone can see this. :slight_smile:

Oh, and Ogre… shoot me an email man. Let’s see if we can hook up sometime Thursday night. Cool?

Oh COME ON ya’ll!

This should be a blast. I didn’t ask, but can I bring a friend? He’s not a Doper, but I am positive he could be converted. Plus he’s taking me to New York, so this is about the only way I can pay him back…sorta. :wink:

I think this will be a lot of fun.

You can tell I don’t get out much.

SilkyThreat, I’m bringing a friend, so yeah, bring yours along. The more people there to sing Happy Birthday to me, the better.
And by the way, you’re all doing it in English, French, Spanish, and Pig Latin. No weaseling out of singing, either.

Silky. By all means, bring your friend. The more the merrier. :slight_smile:

Last bump before the big event. :slight_smile:

Just wanted to see if we could snag anyone else before this Saturday, and give everyone a chance to see it again.

I’m so psyched. Hehe. :slight_smile:

…the Super_Head won’t be making it, please notify the proper authorities. I will be in DC until at least Wednesday, 3/14… sigh… I’ll be with you in spirit.

Ogre, please drink a beer for me. That goes for everyone else as well. Hell, make it a six pack for me.