Attn Sportscasters: When Tiger Woods is 10 Back, He's NOT the Lead Story!!!!!

Look,I KNOW Tiger Woods is the biggest celeb on the PGA tour, and is almost certainly still the best player in the world. But when he’s 10 strokes off the lead, is it too much to ask that the sportscasters on local TV news stations NOT spend the few seconds they have for PGA Championship coverage completely on Tiger?

Here in Austin, the idiot sportscater NEVER got around to mentioning Darren Clarke (y’know, the guy who was in the lead?). He never even mentioned Justin Leonard, who was just 1 stroke back, is a native Texan, and went to college right here in Austin!!!

When you only have 30 seconds to spend on an important event, why blow all 30 seconds on a guy who’s nowhere on the leader board?

I’m surprised they didn’t mention Michael Jordan.

Sportscasters don’t give a fuck what you (or I) want to hear and rightly so. They care about what the majority of their audience wants to hear which is news about Tiger. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Tiger doing poorly is big news in the golf world. First of all, he has a very long cuts made streak (best of all time?) so him missing the cut would be newsworthy. In addtion, if he doesn’t pull it together, he will lose his Number 1 ranking this week, a ranking that he has held for years.

Haj

Then, Hajaro, that story should be on the Sunday weekly wrap-up, not on the daily reports. Put the long duration story on the bigger perspective programs but leave the daily updates on the evening slots.

Fuck tiger, and fuck the stupid audience that wants to suck his dick 24/7

Or Vijay Singh - he’s black, too. And Mike Tyson!

Lets go back to the good old days of whitebread midwesterners like Nicklaus and Palmer. It would have been perfect if not for that wetback Trevino.

Not because he’s black, because bac in they day they sucked Jordan’s dick more the tiger’s.

OK. I guess it is coincidence that you neglected to mention Larry Bird, or Lance Armstrong, or Cal Ripken.

It’s very simple - there should be a Tiger Woods News Network for everyone hanging on every facet of his life and doings.

Meanwhile, in today’s PGA Championship news:

"Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger
Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger
Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger’Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Woods.

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger
Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger

and Darren Clarke.

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger TigerTiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger TigerTiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger TigerTiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Els? Tiger TigerTiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger tiger TigerTiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger TigerTiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger TigerTiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger tiger tiger tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger."

Not really, Jordan beat them all out, combined.

No it should not. They should show what the majority of their audience wants to see. Again, I ask, why is this so difficult to understand?

Go ahead and start your own TV station and show only what the purists want to see. I hope that you have a lot of money to support this little hobby. If this were a rant about idiot fans who only care about Tiger, I would be in agreement. A sportscaster not focusing on Tiger would be guilty of incompetence.

Lamar Mundane, Vijay is not black. He’s Asian. He is from Fiji.

Haj

Black is a color, not a country. Vijay is dark skinned, just like Tiger (who is also Asian, in ancestry).

We simply have a difference of opinion on what the majority wants.

I agree with astorian that when they report on a tournament, it should be on who’s winning and in contention, no matter who it is. I want the whole novel at one sitting, not plodding paragraphs of a single, long story.

Amen.

And if I may add…

Attention ESPN, FSN, and local news: If Barry Bonds grounds out twice, pops to right once, and walks, we don’t needs to watch it all on Sportscenter! God knows I love watching the guy break records every other day, but we don;t need to see every damn thing he does. And I was born wearing a Giants hat!

Man, I’ll bet your Mom was pissed.

This has always been a pet peeve of mine, but it IS getting better as Tiger’s game gets worse. My local paper today had Clarke as the headline, although they did do a follow-up story on page 11 about Tiger. Still, that beats what would have happened a year ago when the Front Page of the Sports section would have beeb “Tiger 10 strokes off the lead”.

AAAAAAAHHH! A snake!

snort
:smiley:

My prediction is that, after Sunday, Ernie Els will be ranked #1 in the world.

You heard it hear first, folks!!

Could someone explain how a player who hasn’t won a major in, what is it? a year and a half? can remain Number One?