AUGH, what is this 80's song?

I’ve spent hours on Google and whatnot and I still can’t find it . . . It’s kind of Tears for Fears sounding. If I heard it correctly the last lyrics of the bridge are “across the Rio Grande.”

Sorry for the dumb question but it’s driving me crazy!

Most likely “Rio” by Duran Duran

“Rio” by Duran Duran?

lyrics

“Rio,” Duran Duran.

Yeah, it’s “Rio” by Duran Duran. Check out the soundclip at the bottom of the page I linked. :wink:

I’m suprised no one has come up with “Rio” bu Duran Duran yet. Seemed like a gimme. :smiley:

Y’all sure it’s not Rio by Nirvana?

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Rio-lyrics-Nirvana/DC29D79E1C37A84148256BBF00070455

It’s quite obviously “Rio” by Duran Duran.

Just a WAG, but it might be “Rio” by Duran Duran. Check that one out.

If that’s not it, try “Puppy Love” by Donny Osmond.

You’re all wrong. It’s clearly I’m an Old Cowhand (From the Rio Grande) by Bing Crosby.

You know, I’ve listened to Rio by Duran Duran just once. You know the rest.

Ah, I should’ve said that I know it’s NOT “Rio” by Duran Duran.

I think Reeder’s got the answer but I’m having a hard time finding any sound clips so I can’t confirm it quite yet.

So, it’s a cover of “Rio” originally performed by Duran Duran? Heh, ok… :smiley:

I suspect that it’s Rio by Duran Duran, but only for 20 minutes at the bottom of the Challenger Deep in the Mariana’s Trench, just once. In 1960.

I found a cover of “Rio” byGoldfinger, from a Duran Duran tribute album. (Link is to Amazon.com’s page on the album, scroll down for the sound clip.)

Maybe it’s just “Rio [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]” by Duran Duran?

Maybe it’s a 1920’s style death ray?

:d&r:

I will say, also, with absolute certainty, that it is NOT “Seasons In The Sun.”

Sorry for the hijack, but does anyone know that 80’s song where the video had a guy in a suit sitting on the front of a sailboat? I think it was the Pet Shop Boys.

Now that sounds like “Rio” by Duran Duran.