Austin Dopers-up for a Dopefest?

It’s been some time since the last Batdope, featuring Shady Grove and the Deep Eddy Cabaret. Is anyone in the mood for another, in, say, September?

If I’m around, I’m in. Are we doing bats this time?

Yes! I just posted to the Houdope thread. Houston’s a little too far away for me, but I’m going to be moving into San Antonio August 15th for college. Plus, my cousin lives in Austin (I don’t know what this has to do with anything, but I’m really excited that a Texas Dopefest that’s close to me is in the works, so yeah, I’m babbling). :slight_smile:

Sounds good to me. It’s about time we had another Batdope that actually features bats.

Put me down as a possible. Once the travails of August are past, I’ll probably be good to go.

I’m up for one sometime in early September, preferably on a Sunday. We’re getting in some new equipment here at the station, so we can’t shift our schedules around, so Sunday’s the only day I have free to dedicate a whole day. Otherwise, a good early start on a Saturday would work, but knowing our group…:slight_smile:

Any particular food desired this time around?

My aim’s not so good, at this distance, but I think if we shoot for the second weekend in September, I’d be able to hit it.

How’s that for a metaphor? :slight_smile:

If we’re going to try for the bats, then Chuy’s would be doable. And, you know, I’ll REALLY try to make this one, okay?

September is good, that way I’ll be settled and anxious for action if you catch my drift.

BATDOPE, BATDOPE, BATDOPE!

I would think that anytime’s good for me. I’ll need to get a ride though, but hopefully that won’t be a problem.

Okay, as a soon to be Austin Doper, please fill me in on this Batdope.

Well, here in Austin, on Congress avenue around 1st Street, there’s a bridge that has a HUGE flock of bats living under it, and during the fall, around sunset, they all swarm out and fly off looking for food. It’s a great sight to behold, and something everyone living in Austin should see at least once. It’s called Batdope because, I believe the first one involved the gang going out to eat, watching the bats, then going out for drinks afterwards (I wasn’t there, but I’ve heard the legends). We haven’t gotten out to see the bats in the previous Batdopes, but they haven’t always been in season, but it’s still a good memorable and unique experience, so there you go!

And Chuy’s sounds good to me. As does September.

Darth Nader and I have been planning to go to Austin in September, so if he can match up his vacation/days off with the planned weekend, we will be there also.

Sounds like a possibility as long as the date doesn’t conflict with the ACLMF.
I’ll lurk at the edge of the group-just like I do here.

Not that I’m in Austin anymore, or that I have have plans to go to Austin anytime soon, but what about Peter Pan Golf? Now that would be dope!

Hmm…we’ll have to keep the idea of mini golf in mind.

Just thinking…, who wlse might be coming in from out of town?

Mini golf sounds OK.

wise = else

Now you know how I got my post count.

Although it’s a ways away, I’d like to try to come to this one too.

I think the weekend of Sep 19th.-21st. would be far too inasne for folks coming in from out-of-town, as much as I’d like to be there for the Music Festival.

If I get a vote, I’d prefer the first weekend. If not, the second one should be doable.

Yeah, the weekend of the 19th-21st is a definite No-Go due to the Austin City Limits Fest. The first weekend should be nice, though. At least, as far as I can tell. Anyone got any complications with that weekend?