Automotive Question

What is the rubber,or plastic, curtain like thing that keeps road grime, water etc from getting on the engine called? It is on the inside of the fender well on GM cars & trucks. You have to go through there to change plugs.
I have to replace both of mine and don’t have a clue what to ask for.

I’m pretty sure they are called “fender liners”.

I have heard them called different things, but I would un-officially call them inner fender skirts. If you go to the parts counter of your dealer and give them a description, they can pull it up on the computer and show you a picture to make sure that you are both talking about the same thing. That saves both parties time and money, since you can point to what you are talking about on the screen.