What is this strip by my windshield on my truck door? (pic included)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It’s cracking and causing my tint on my windshield to be scratched so I need to replace it, but I don’t know what it’s called. Thanks in advance.

Link to the picture

Dunno what the official title is but that looks like the rubber flap on the outside of the window that keeps water from rolling down the glass and into the interior of the door itself. A Chilton’s or Hane’s repair manual for your make/model of vehicle will have a section on how to remove and replace it. I don’t know what the part costs but once you’ve got the part name/number you can probably find it online cheap. Try jcwhitney.com, looks like they’ve got everything.

Thanks. I will check it out to see if I can find anything. I thought it was called “weatherstripping” but that seems to be the stripping on the inside of the door. It’s probably something painfully obvious, but I can’t figure it out.

I think it’s just called bottom window sealing. I thought it would have a more technical name, but I guess not.


scraper moulding is what we call it where I work

A dealer or good mechanic can probably look up the part number. You might also be able to find it online, start with the manufacturer’s website.

What make/model/year truck is it?

The technical name is doo-hickey.

It’s a 90 Chevy Silverado.

I went to a salvage yard today and bought it for about 30 dollars. Looks nearly brand new. The guy I spoke with called it a belt something another. Thanks for everyones help!