Avarie537 - how are things going?

I remembered this thread and was wondering how things are going for you these days.

Feel free to not share if you’re not in the mood, but I wanted to let you know I’m thinking about you.

bumping to let Avarie know us nosy non-neighbors care

blinks

Wow, thanks for asking! It’s much better now. There never was a “magical moment” for me - it was very gradual. Now he’s six weeks old, and smiling and responding and my heart just goes pitter patter when he looks at me with his big gummy grin. Besides, he’s just so farkin’ cute! I’ve got to nurse him before my mother-in-law gets here to pick us up. (We’re going to their house or the evening.)

Btw - link to yahoo photo album. The last 2 are from this past Sunday.

He’s so handsome! Thanks for the link. I especially love the ones where he’s napping with you and snuggling with Daddy …

I’m so glad to hear you’ve found your mommy groove!

Awww. What a cutie! I’ll tell ya…the coolest thing about those pictures (I mean, aside from the little guy) is the look on all the adult faces. They’re so INTO HIM!

My mother-in-law was so “mad” towards the end of my pregnancy - she had all of her three boys early, and my sister-in-law had her three kids early. She’d never had to wait a full 40 weeks for a baby. Uncle Josh looks like a badass (6’3", shaved head, goatee, tattoos, motorcycle, etc.), but is a total mushball when it comes to babies. My mom’s only other grandbaby moved to Pennsylvania (along with the rest of the family) at 6 months old (back in 2001), and she’s only been able to visit a couple of times. So, everyone was really excited to see our baby once he arrived.