They call it his “Radar Sense”, much like Spider-Man has a “Spidey Sense”.
I thought it was called the Peter Tingle? ![]()
//i\\
Shouldn’t they call it his “Darey Sense”?
Some comics I read had him being able to read and even discern color. In other words- not really blind.
More specifically, the last season of Daredevil ended with him in prison. One of his major enemies is The Hand, which appear in the new Spider-Man movie. In a prison. Where they’re fighting Daredevil’s client.
Now, according to Google’s AI, Charlie Cox (the actor who plays Daredevil, for anyone who’s not aware) has said that he’s not in Doomsday, but industry insiders are widely reporting that he does appear in Secret Wars. The character didn’t appear in the first Secret Wars comic event, but he did appear in a tie-in to the second one.
What is the track record of the MCU films that bring in characters from their TV shows? Thunderbolts had US Agent and Marvels had Ms. Marvel. I’m sure I’m overlooking other examples but maybe moviegoers just don’t want to pay to see these TV characters on the big screen.
Judging by YouTube reaction videos, people were pretty psyched when Matt Murdock showed up in Spider-Man: No Way Home.
The Scarlet Witch had a hugely successful tv series before she became the principal villain in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, a billion dollar film.
But she did not originate in a TV show like the others, she was already in Age of Ultron.
I didn’t read that as a character had to originate in tv. Clearly her tv appearance gave her character a giant boost.
U.S. Agent is definitely a B-tier (at best) Marvel hero. He was definitely not a (or the) lead in Thunderbolts, which would have been Winter Soldier and Yelena Belova, and maybe Red Guardian as comic relief, all of whom had appeared in at least one MCU theatrical film.
Ms. Marvel has been a popular, and critically acclaimed, comic book for Marvel for a decade, and her TV series was very well-received. The other stars in The Marvels (Carol Danvers and Monica Rambeau) had both also been in at least one film. But, not only did The Marvels get mixed critical reviews, the fact that it also starred three female superheroes and a female main villain probably meant that the “toxic fanboy” segment of the MCU audience steered clear.
tl;dr: I don’t think that those examples really prove the theorem that MCU characters who originated in Disney+ Marvel TV series can’t draw in a feature film.
Naw. We watched it, and found it uninspiring and confusing. Danvers in the other films (like Avengers Endgame) was great (altho maybe a bit overpowered). And like you said- many critics (not “toxic fanboys") hated it. In fact-
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_marvels
The fans gave it 79%, whereas the critics gave it a mere 63%
And even then a few of the “good ones” were damning with faint praise-
‘The Marvels’ is by no means the catastrophe that online rumors and industry buzz have made it out to be…It’s sustained by good chemistry between its protagonists and some funny situations that add entertainment to the story. Otherwise, we find ourselves with a run-of-the-mill film, a rather bland villain, and poorly crafted visuals.
It wasnt a bad film- it was just a “Meh” film.
Both can be true. ![]()
Either way, the fact that Ms. Marvel and Rambeau (as an adult character) both made their first MCU appearances in TV shows, rather than theatrical films, likely isn’t why that film did not fare well.
But that’s what I meant. There’s no doubt it is prestigious for a TV show to feature a film character (actor) . Not so much the other way around.
I don’t think it matters where the characters came from. If the movie follows the arc of the comics, then most of them aren’t going to survive anyway. Part Two may be called Secret Wars but it will draw heavily from Battleworld. That means major body count, and they can’t just blip them back into existence since that was the trick they used the last time. So a lot of secondary characters from TV probably won’t survive. Going to be plenty of pissed off fans no matter what they do. Ought to be interesting
If Marvel can make a blockbuster movie out of the Guardians of the Galaxy, they can make one from any characters.
Good point.
Latest news: Secret Wars will be split into two parts, with Part Two set for 2028 (Marvel Studio’s 20th Anniversary) So yeah - BattleWorld is happening.
I was a huge fan of Ms. Marvel’s TV show, and I’m a fan of all three characters. I saw that film and I can’t really remember anything that happened in it, except the planet where everyone had to sing to talk (which was annoying). Everything else is a blur.
Yeah, I predicted that film would fail- and I was wrong. What saved it was the humor- and a raccoon. However, I also predicted The Marvels, The Eternals and Thunderbolts would fail- and i was right. Other than Guardians, the MCU has not done well with relatively unknown characters.