Awake canceled

At the end of tonight’s episode it said that next week was the finale of Awake. Not the season finale. So I Googled it and according to Wikipedia, “On May 11, 2012, NBC canceled the series after one season.”

I kept having mixed feelings about following it to season 2, but I guess I don’t have to worry about it anymore. The funny thing is I thought that this was a great episode and that if there were more like this then it might be a great show.

I have to wonder if the producers saw the end coming earlier, because two weeks seems too short to slap together a couple of final shows.

I’m bummed - I really like it.

I agree though, I think they saw it comming (perhaps as a contingency from the beginning) and had a resolution planned.

In which reality?

:smiley:

The trailer for next week shows blue Britten visiting red Britten in prison. So I guess it’s both realities.

Oh hey, I just thought of something. Detective Britten is played by Jason Isaacs who is British.

My Guess…

It’s gonna be a 6th sense type of thing, He realizes he’s the one that died.

Thankfully I don’t mind, but when you’re subscribed to a thread then when you get E-mail notification it even shows what’s in spoiler tags.

Also, I kind of like the actress playing Britten’s boss. She didn’t have much screen time but I think she did well with the time she had. I hope she gets on another show soon.

Let’s see. According to Wikipedia she a long term on “ER”, which I never really watched, and was on another ill-fated show, “The Event”. She’ll probably land on her feet.

And Britten’s wife is played by Laura Allen, born in Portland Oregon. I wonder if that had anything to do with the possibility of having one reality there.

Ouch - sorry 'bout that.

Like I said, no problem.

In a previous Awake thread there was a link where the creator said that one world was real and one a dream, but I have a feeling that’s going to get thrown out the window.

I’ve been enjoying it, so I’ll be sad to see it go. Having said that, if they can put together a decent resolution, it might be for the best. The setup seems more suited to a short run.

Tried to like it, but it seems like just any other cop show. I’ll watch the finale to see if there is any big reveal.

I only saw one episode, but ISTM the most likely ending is his living wife & son standing over his hospital bed as he finally dies, having been in a coma since the accident.

I’ve got about 3 or 4 of these on the DVR so after next week I’ll just run through them. I think that it is a great premise but the execution was weak. They could have gone a while with the split lives solving each other’s cases without the conspiracy.

I’m somewhat surprised by its cancellation. My wife and I both enjoyed it. Thursday is probably a tough night for new show to make it.

I never watched the show, but the promos always make me giggle remembering how some Doper nicknamed it My Two Deads.

I don’t think he said that. I think he said that they had a definite answer.

I quit watching it as soon as the conspiracy issue popped up. It’s a shame because I really thought that it could survive alone on the cross reality clue mechanism that they used. I found that intriguing

People keep saying they hated the conspiracy part, but it was really only in two episodes other than the finale. And even then, it was confined mainly to one universe and wasn’t a major part of the episode.

Yep, I admit that due to my dislike of the big picture arc I bailed out too soon. But quite possibly that may have been why other viewers left the show.

Same here. I watched a couple of episodes and I was like “oh. It’s two cop shows in one. Zzzzz”