Bachelor VS. Bachelorette Parties

My sister just got back from a Bachelorette party. My god, the things that she said they’ve done. I’ve only been to one Bachelor party and it was VERY tame compared to what she said. Granted, it shouldn’t be taken as THE example of what happens at a bachelorette party, but from other stories I’ve been told, its neither the exception. Is my limited experience with Bachelor parties clouding my reasoning? Whose parties tend to be worse?

Depends on the individuals involved, near as I can tell. Some people just tend to be wilder than others. One of the bachelor parties Dr.J went to, strippers cut the waistband out of the groom’s underpants and spanked him with his own belt before giving him a 3-on-1 “lapdance from hell.” I’ve been to bachelorette parties with a stripper before, but I’ve never seen or even heard of one that involved men touching the bride’s underwear.

Dude, you gotta tell us what she said happened.

The guy who lives next door to us got married just last week. The Saturday prior to the wedding, his fiance had her bachelorette party at his house. They were a pretty sedate bunch, never made any noise, even though they spent much of the afternoon and evening on the front porch (it as a really nice, temperate day).

The next morning, as we’re pulling out of the driveway, my 12-year old glances next door and says “what the heck is that?”

There on the porch were the remains of the party: several lawn chairs, a couple of empty six-packs, a cooler, many margarita glasses . . . and a 6-foot inflatable penis. :eek:

I’m just thankful my little angel had no idea what it was . . .

I’ve been to some pretty wild bachelorette parties in my day (including my own). Most of the bachelor parties I’ve heard about from my husband have been relatively tame, with some time spent at a strip club. I’ve never been to a bachelorette party with strippers, but I did score some cross-dressers (just for that evening) for my friend’s bachelorette party last summer. A guy friend of mine commented that he wanted to come along and I told him that it was a “girls only” party and that if the guys wanted to come, they needed dresses, wigs, and make-up. They did it, and we had a blast! Except for the part where we got kicked out of a bar because one of the cross-dressers crashed a wedding dance and tried to get in on the pictures. Oops!

God, my bachelorette party was a snore compared to some of the stories on here. I went to a pub with some friends, had beer, fish & chips, and was home by 11 p.m. At my friend’s bachlorette party, on the other hand, she had a stripper who had a real trouser snake! Okay, well it was plastic, but he did yank a snake out of his pants. That’s not something you see every day.

Really? Where do you work?

I work at home. But I should clearly be working where you do if this is a common occurrence at your office. :wink:

Since I sometimes spend weeks at a time in the field in the company of herpetologists, it’s not an uncommon sight in my line of work. But usually they keep them in bags instead of in their pants.

19 women (assorted ages), 19 bottles of whipped cream, and 2 nakkid male strippers. Lets just say they were having contests to see who could… inhale the most. Lots of other TMI stuff.

There are videos online of Bachelorette parties. One company is called Loverboys. It won’t be work-safe if you Google it, so be careful. I have to admit, it made me want to be a male stripper. :o

An interesting thread - particularly the terminology of Bachelor and Bachelorette (what a horribly contrived word!)

Here they’re called bucks’ nights and hens’ nights.

FTR, I don’t think we should be going on any 3rd hand accounts that come via spouses, particularly where bachelor / ette parties are involved. I’dcertainly tone things down a bit if my wife were to ask what went on a particular bachelor party.

That said, most of the bachelor parties I’ve been to were pretty tame. Typically there has been much drinking, and a visit to local strip clubs. The strip club policies generally keep things from getting too out of hand (or in hand as it were).

That said, I have been to a bachelor party where two “strippers” came to a hotel suite to perform for the groom-to-be. They turned out to be more like hookers. In addition to doing quite a interesting double act, the “strippers” were trying to hit up the attendees for some special one-on-one, or even two-on-one, time in the back bedroom.

Where there was that time when the groom accidently killed one of the strippers. We spent a hillarious evening trying to dispose of the body and getting rid of evidence before his wife (and the police) found out :smiley: .

I hate to tell you this, but…someone leaked this to the media. I’ve seen the tape :slight_smile:

As CrazyCatLady said, it all depends on the individual bachelor or bachelorette. For my bachelorette party, some girlfriends and I went to baseball game, then out dancing. There was lots of drinking, but, aside from that, it was pretty tame. My cousin, on the other hand, was thrown out of a strip club at 4:00 a.m. because she kept trying to climb onto the stage.