Backside firework prank backfires

From the BBC

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

How could anyone think that this was a good idea?

Si

“scorched colon” :smiley:

Now that’s a ring of fire. Perhaps he was just trying to recreate the legend of William Wallace.

A “Black Cat Thunderbolt Rocket”?

Dude, stick with the “Ladyfingers”.

[QUOTE=si_blakely]

How could anyone think that this was a good idea?

[/QUOTE]

Remember the “fire triangle” from school? Fuel, heat, oxygen.

Witness the “A&E triangle”: beer, boredom and fire.

Have these guys never seen Jackass?

Steve-O has been doing the “launch bottle-rockets from my arse” schtick for years.

I was immediately reminded me of this part of an old Dope column :

[QUOTE=Cecil Adams]
In 1955 one man who was “feeling depressed” reportedly inserted a six-inch paper tube into his rectum, dropped in a lighted firecracker, and blew a hole in his anterior rectal wall. This changed his mood real quick.
[/QUOTE]
If there’s one think I’ve figured out over the years, is there’s nothing so stupid that someone, somewhere won’t do it.

Now there’s some rocket science even a butthole can grasp.

Somebody pop a cap in this guy’s…

Huh.

Well then, nevermind.

Remind me to tell you sometime about the patient who scorched her lungs.

She was on oxygen, you see, but still hadn’t entirely given up smoking… :eek:

[QUOTE=OP linked article]
A spokesman for the Firework Association described the bizarre prank as “beyond belief”.
[/QUOTE]

According to my newspaper this morning, the person involved was a sqaddie and had been drinking. That makes it not only believable, but predictable.

However, I can find no trace of a 'Black Cat Thrunderbolt Rocket" on the net - but looking at the Black Cat Rocket selection, if it was one of their products he would really have toasted his starfish quite throughly.

[QUOTE=slaphead]
Thrunderbolt
[/QUOTE]

Thunderbolt - I spelt it correctly in my search and everything…

The thread title raises a question. If a firework up your backside backfires… which direction does it go?

[QUOTE=Colophon]
The thread title raises a question. If a firework up your backside backfires… which direction does it go?
[/QUOTE]

Back.

[QUOTE=Rico]
Back.
[/QUOTE]

…and to the left? :stuck_out_tongue:

I just don’t get this.

Surely the moron wasn’t stupid enough to point the business end of the rocket up his arse and then light it,

I mean everyone knows you put the stick in first :smiley:

Only 22 and already a stick in the mud.

I knew I’d seen this story in the free paper this morning. And yes - it said “See the full video on our website”.

How could you resist?

‘Bumfire’ night display goes wrong :smiley:

[QUOTE=Squink]
“scorched colon” :smiley:
[/QUOTE]

Band Name!

You have to love the hierarchy of news stories down the right hand side of that page.