Badtz..... a quick word.

Please dont take this as an attack or anything, but, man, do you have any Idea of place and decency?

in this thread

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=55890

a girl was pouring out her heart about her mother abandoning her, and you have to take issue with this?

Sheesh… that just wasn’t on. A little tact would go a long way.

you seem to be taking issue with a lot of details on the board lately. I know that sometimes its tough when there’s a lot going on, but could you not realise there is a time and place for everything?

Cheers,
John

What on earth do you expect from a grumpy penguin? However, I completely agree with the sentiment. Lighten up Badtz.

I want to praise Mishell for politely and calmly explaining, although IMO she did not need to in this circumstance, that in fact she meant no offence whatsoever.

A classy girl, Mishell.

Very classy indeed. I like Batz, and it was an easy conclusion to jump to, but people (in general) around here need to start assuming the best about people instead of the worst. I mean, I don’t know if I’ve ever heard Mishell say a bad thing about ANYONE- I really don’t.

Zette

Zette, I couldn’t agree with you more. I think a lot of misunderstandings, disagreements, and Pit posts could be avoided if, when we take exception at what someone writes, we could all step back, calm down, and see it in the best light possible.
If it still seems offensive, a polite request for clarification will always be met less defensively than an accusation (or even veiled accusation) of stupidity, dishonesty, bigotry, racism, classism, etc.

Oh yeah? I’ll have you know that I can be every bit as stupid, dishonest, and bigoted TWO FULL WEEKS after reading a post as I was the first time I read it. Classist jerk! Think you’re better than me, doncha?

:wink:

I think Badtz has been having some troubles of his own lately, so maybe he’s a bit out of sorts and might not react to things the way he usually would.

Oh, please - “reactionary” is the first word that comes to mind. Gimmie a break.

Esprix

Looks like many of us fall into that category as well, unfortunately.

Sorry, I missed this.

Actually, I honestly intended to post an apology and express my sympathy in that thread after seeing her explanation, but it slipped my mind. I apologize for throwing that in, I wasn’t really thinking about the content of the whole post when I said that, just that one part.

I have had some problems in my life lately, but I can’t blame them for that post. It was just a case of my reacting before thinking. My apologies to mishell.