Banner changed

The top of my page now has PRIVACY.

I don’t remember this before.
Did I set something different. Accidentally.

Same with mine.
Also External link and Most Liked but stacked vertically and offset a bit.

The “Privacy” button directs you to the SDMB privacy statement.

I don’t remember “Privacy” being up there either, but it isn’t a Discourse boilerplate. It has actual SDMB stuff in it. I suspect that’s a new legal requirement or something.

Are you on a mobile device?

It looks normal on my screen, but if I make the window very narrow it shows up stacked vertically and slightly offset, just as you describe.

The “External Link” label definitely makes me think it’s a mistake. (As it doesn’t describe what it is a link to.) And I’m pretty sure “Most Liked” used to appear in one of the menus. The “Privacy” one may have, too.

Desktop.

Yep, that’s what it looked like on mine when I made the window narrow. Make it wider and it will go back to normal.

I don’t know how much of this is intentional, but the footer at the bottom of each page is also messed up, which might be related.

I am moving this to Site Feedback since it concerns Discourse’s software.

I zoomed out to 25% to make it as long as possible, and it still shows it for me. What makes it go away is scrolling down, so that it shows the title of the thread instead.

It’s just a nuisance on Desktop, but on mobile I blocked the links with adblock, since it moves my user icon off the screen in portrait mode.

Link to the discussion about the footer:

Also, Ed has been notified.

Here is how it looks on my system:

Normal window:

Narrow Window:

Didn’t work. The window is 16" out of 21" screen width. Stretching it all the way across just opens the spaces at each end.

How long has this been at the bottom of the page?

This is a header
Ius vitae ornatus at, ei mea sumo quot dicant. Ei tale democritum eos, in mea timeam accumsan forensibus. Ei his aperiam suavitate. Et debitis convenire sea, viris dictas latine.

Yikes! Don’t click on the “Most Liked” link in the new banner! I did just out of curiousity (I know we disabled the “Like” button in the very early days after moving to Discourse). But from that point on every forum had a new “Liked” column and threads were displayed in chronological order from oldest first, which basically broke the entire interface and made it essentially impossible to navigate the board. Fortunately, exiting the SDMB (closing the tab) and restarting it reset everything.

Since the banner change appears to be an SDMB change rather than a Discourse change, why do we have this completely useless new link that essentially breaks the system?

Yeah, that stuff is on mine too.

Are we hacked? Peeps keep snarling at the Mexican cartels in the Texas threads.
Aaaaacccckkk we’re doomed.

That’s actually what I noticed first. The usual links to the actual forums are gone from the bottom, and a message appears that says,

“This is a header

Ius vitae ornatus at, ei mea sumo quot dicant. Ei tale democritum eos, in mea timeam accumsan forensibus. Ei his aperiam suavitate. Et debitis convenire sea, viris dictas latine.”

Banner changed

Him become Hulk?

Which, according to Google, means “But the right of life is adorned, I take it as mine, as many as may say. He is such a democrite of them, in my fear of the courts. I will open to him with gentleness. And you must come together, as the men said in Latin”.

I think Lorem Ipsum said that.

I loved him on The Beverly Hillbillies!

Any kin to flotsam and jetsam ?