Barbara Walters dies at 93

Damn, she was one of the good ones.

Rest in peace dear lady.

She was the first female anchor of a nightly network news program, for ABC in 1976. She led the way for such women as Katie Couric and Norah O’Donnell.

Which happened some not-small number of years after the abortive 1962 Bay of Pigs invasion. Phrasing it the way they did makes it sound like she was an embedded reporter at an historic event or something.

Nitpick, but jeez, write better, you folks are supposed to be professionals. “Walters interviewed Fidel Castro while they were crossing the Bay of Pigs” would be a little less misleading.

If you’d like a glimpse of her brilliance, watch this clip of her interviewing Donald Trump in 1990:

Now I really respect her!!!

Barbara Walters, noted journalist, has died at the age of 93 (she was born the same year as Anne Frank and MLK - it’s wild to think that both could have been alive in the 2020s).

Walters was a trailblazing journalist, as she achieved mainstream notoriety as a woman in an industry dominated by men. Walters got a chance to interview lots of famous people.

I’m sure some would quibble with her style, or her methods. And I recall that she admitted to once having an affair with a married senator. Nevertheless, from what I recall, Walters was generally well regarded, and undeniably successful.

It was a long life, and one well lived. As my Jewish friends would say, may her memory be a blessing!

Well the original Barbara Walters is gone. She broke a lot of barriers that women faced in journalism and tv.
RIP Ms Walters

Gilda died in 1989. Barbara Wawa made Walters even more famous. Gilda did a masterful impression of all Barbara’s Tics and mannerisms.

A sad thing about her dying right now is that she does not get to see how things ultimately play out with Trump.

Yeah, I mean she saw him lose the next election. More than Carl Reiner was able to see, for example.

I saw her once or twice on Letterman and she was a hoot; I could have watched their back-and-forth for the entire show.