[QUOTE=What Exit?] Count, we have to hook sometime and talk sports and NJ. You should consider coming to the Dopefest.
Jim
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the invite, but I have a Class Reunion that I’ve paid a small fortune to attend that day. On a side note, last night I just installed the hooks to show off my Yankee bat, with all the WS victories engraved on it, on the wall above my home PC. I was tempted to go with a metal window box with a sign that said “in case of Red Sox fan, break glass”, but I thought that would be over-kill.
[QUOTE=Count Blucher]
Thank you for the invite, but I have a Class Reunion that I’ve paid a small fortune to attend that day. On a side note, last night I just installed the hooks to show off my Yankee bat, with all the WS victories engraved on it, on the wall above my home PC. I was tempted to go with a metal window box with a sign that said “in case of Red Sox fan, break glass”, but I thought that would be over-kill.
[/QUOTE]
I think the very nature of the bat you describe, implies the usage “in case of a rabid Red Sox fan”.
Meanwhile: It is nice to be in First Place in the AL for the first time this year. We just need Mo healthy and ready for October now.
[QUOTE=silenus]
Well, we’ve managed a split with the Mets, so that gives me a little hope for the playoffs. They aren’t as invincible as their record would indicate. Now if we can just sweep the Padres, we’ll be sitting pretty. Yeah, like that will happen. If the Dodgers make it this year, it’s going to be ugly. A down to the wire knife fight. Ah, September.
[/QUOTE]
Let’s worry about the games we should win (i.e., this three game series with the Cubbies) before we deal with the Padres. I’m hoping that Cincinnati can pull off the sweep and give us a little breathing room before SD comes to town.
Meanwhile, I’m still just a touch concerned about the Giants. They seem like they’re due for a good run.
And here we are at the end of the season. Wanna bet the final series away at SF decides the whole thing? I want the Dodgers to win and all, but I can root for San Diego in their place if I have to. But not the Giants. Never.
[QUOTE=silenus]
And here we are at the end of the season. Wanna bet the final series away at SF decides the whole thing? I want the Dodgers to win and all, but I can root for San Diego in their place if I have to. But not the Giants. Never.
[/QUOTE]
I foresee another one of those scenarios where the Dodgers and Giants knock each other out in the last weekend, with the Padres the beneficiaries this time. It’s happened before…
[QUOTE=Count Blucher]
Indeed. Has everyone forgotten that Bush ran the Texas Rangers into the ground with his management style long before he was President?
[/QUOTE]
You must be kidding. I mean, seriously, this is a joke, right?
Bush’s ownership was a HUGE boon to the Rangers; for all anyone knows it might have saved the team. Prior to his consortium purchasing the team they were one of the least successful and most drearily boring teams in baseball history, never once playing a single postseason game, playing in an old shitty stadium.
Bush’s purchase of the team led directly to the construction of the Ballpark in Arlington, and his period of ownership incidentally included their first ever playoff appearance and the development of many of the team’s greatest players.
Im not saying Bush is a baseball genius but there is no doubt at all he did extremely well by the Rangers.
[QUOTE=anyrose]
so the Tigers are now copmpletely out of it? after doing so well? sheesh!
[/QUOTE]
Not sure why you would think that. Sure, the Tigers haven’t been doing so well the last couple of weeks, but they still have a 1.5 game lead in their division, and their closest rival, the Minnesota Twins, just lost one of their best pitchers for the rest of the season. They’re not the sure thing they looked a month or so back, but they’re still right in the race.
Dodgers fans must be starting to bite their nails even more after LA dropped 2 of 3 to the Cubs. To make matters worse, the Cubs won both of those games after being behind late in the game. The Dodgers are now even with San Diego in the loss column, and only half a game ahead.
[QUOTE=anyrose]
I was basing my comment on What Exit?'s chart - I don’t see Detroit on it
[/QUOTE]
Those are the Wild Card races. Teams leading their divisions, like the Tigers, don’t generally appear in the Wild Card calculations.
[QUOTE=mhendo]
Those are the Wild Card races. Teams leading their divisions, like the Tigers, don’t generally appear in the Wild Card calculations.
[/QUOTE]
This, obviously, is a sign of confidence that the Tigers won’t slip into the Wild Card race.
Yessir..I’m mighty confident. Good October comin’ up, yesssiree.
We’ve smacked Liriano up when he came out of the pen and we hit him pretty good when he started. For some reason, we just can’t seem to drum up enough support against Santana. You know, like the rest of the universe.
We’ve smacked Liriano up when he came out of the pen and we hit him pretty good when he started. For some reason, we just can’t seem to drum up enough support against Santana. You know, like the rest of the universe.
Yanks-Red Sox got rained out today but Mauer went 0 for 4 and dropped to .344 tonight. So Jeter now leads the Majors with a his .346 Batting Average.
Detroit pummels the O’s 17 to 2 with Bonderman getting his 12th win.
Cleveland beat the Twins 5-4 in the 10th. So a good night for Detroit.
F-Rod just blew the save against Texas. It is 1-1 in the ninth with two out and runners on 1st & 2nd.
Kinsler at the plate…O&2 count…1&2 now…K
We’ve got extra innings!
Yanks are up 4-2 in the 6th with 2 on and 2 out for Matsui. As Detroit loss, I am hopeful the Yanks magic number will slip to only 2 and we will move a game up in AL lead for best record. As the Mets loss today, a win tonight would give the Yanks the best record in the majors.