Bathrobes (Need Answer Fast!)

I have a yukata that my wife brought me from Japan; I used to use it in the university gym’s locker room after taking a post workout shower.

I sure hope our responses were fast enough. Otherwise his bathroom might, I dunno, blow up or something.

Well, I did need the answer fast. I could have accidentally a bathrobe or something. :wink:

I hang around the house in big fluffy robe when I’m cold instead of turning on the heat. It’s so cozy! I like slipping it on in the morning before I get dressed.

I don’t use it so much after a shower though. It’s too hot.

The whole thing?

A robe is a Snuggie worn backwards.

I wrote a long and thoughtful post, which of course, got eaten.

I have about 6 robes and always want more. I have a really thick fuzzy one that isn’t worth a darn if I’m even close to damp, but excels at being cozy. I have a thin velvet one that is just enough to take off a summer morning chill. A purple and gold (like a crown royal bag) that is a definite warm weather robe. Several others that don’t get used as much and of course, my favorite. A worn, torn, pink terry robe that isn’t too thick, isn’t too thin and is just perfect after a shower, great over undies, perfect for laying around the house in year round.

Just as Hef, nothing says “I don’t give a fig about what is going on in the world, I am a package of swiss miss away from telling it all to take a leap!”

For wandering around the universe, what were the two essential cloth items? A towel and a bathrobe.

Bathrobes are quite possibly the greatest clothing invention since the push up bra.

I have a hotel one (honestly acquired) which I wear in the mornings when the dogs don’t give me time to shave and get dressed properly. Worn with underwear only, it is plenty to feed the dogs, make breakfast, and go out to get the paper from the driveway. I’ve got lighter ones for the summer. I never wear pjs unless I’m sharing a bedroom with someone I’m not married to.

Speaking as an advocate for tall people everywhere: try on that bathrobe before you buy it! Or you are likely to be tying the damn thing just below your armpits!

(They don’t really make anything One Size Fits All unless you are that one size.)

I wear one when I have to meet someone to plan organized crime in my basement. Usually when it’s early in the morning and I don’t feel like getting dressed.

I also put one on when I go outside to get the morning paper.

This is totally a serious question! I don’t own a bathrobe nor do I know anyone else who does. People are supposed to be naked under there right? Or in their underwear. That’s the implication I get from watching old TV shows and movies. That means that as soon as you come out of the shower, you put it on? Without toweling yourself dry? That’s bizarre to me. My routine consists of getting out of the shower, toweling myself off, putting on my clothes, then going out of the bathroom. I never knew anyone did it any differently.

As for sleeping naked or in underwear, is it really that much of a stretch to grab some sweat pants and a t-shirt? Even if I had a bathroom in my room, the first thing I’d put on if awoken in the middle of the night would be a pair of easy to wear pants like sweat pants and a t-shirt

How’s Carmella doing?

Yeah, the toweling off before putting on the bathrobe was implied there. Obviously I should have been more specific. :smiley:

Personally, I don’t put on a robe for walking around in the middle of the night. That means I’m wearing my PJs (or not…) if I get up for a few minutes. When I get up in the morning for breakfast, I put on a robe and wear it until it’s time to start getting showered and dressed. For me, wearing a robe is mainly a winter thing, though. Well, that’s probably enough about bathrobes for now.

I used to wear bathrobes, but they still let my legs get cold. Now I just put on sweats before venturing out into the cold to feed the cats.

People actually get up in the middle of the night to eat more pie? No wonder BMIs in this country are out of control.

I only wear mine when I’m sick.
I don’t really “get” bathrobes. None of my kids use one (except the college child in the dorm).

My husband uses one every day. He loves it.

I wear one even over sweatpants and a t-shirt, because I get cold really easily and my house is usually in the mid-60’s range. That and my robe is pathetically short–it comes up to about mid-thigh–so I don’t get all the coverage I want. I’ve asked for a new one for Christmas.

My Dad loves his bathrobe. He wears it over his regular clothes during the day if he thinks it’s chilly. (72° is not chilly - it’s fabulous!) He’s a little old man, though. :wink:

You just tell everyone it’s a very thick robe.

BrotherCadfael’s Law: One Size Fits All…doesn’t.

(BrotherCadfael wears a 38" sleeve and size 15 shoes. He knows what he is talking about.)