Battlestar Galactica 3.11 - "The Eye of Jupiter" (spoilers)

L’chaim! You win the thread!

(insert now-gone Orthodox Jewish man smiley here)

Great ep. I want to marry Chief Tyrol.

Back tomorrow.

Tighe’s line: Well you just lost your visiting privileges.
Classic.

“The less that man speaks, the better this will go.”

Heh. Also, damn them for another beautifully set cliffhanger.

The Temple of Five has got to be connected with the final 5 Cylons. The name’s to big a coincidence. Did RDM explain why he chose to use Jupiter instead of Zeus on the podcast?

41,420 last week. They’re dropping like flies.

My life is complete.

Lee calls his Mother.
Lee: Ma! How are you?
Mrs. Adama: I haven’t eaten for thirty-two days.
Lee : Ma! What’s the matter? Are you sick?
Mrs. Adama: In case you called, I didn’t want my mouth to be full.

Ok, this has probably been discussed here before, but I’m confused about the Cylon humanoid model count. Supposedly, there are twelve models. We have known for a while of seven models: Six, D’anna, Sharon, Leoben, Cavil, Doral, and Simon. They have been talking about the ‘Five’ that we haven’t yet seen. So where does the Pre-Cog (aka ‘The Lady In The Water’) fit in? Why doesn’t she count?

She’s basically a meat-brain for the Basestar and that’s it. I guess since she’s not mobile she’s not “really” one of them.

Mostly, though, because someone explicitly stated it. :slight_smile:

When did we lose our rabbi smiley?

-Joe

Beats me. Raiders and Centurions don’t count as models either so I guess if you’re not one of the humanoid models with voting rights you don’t count.

At the beginning of the show during the “previously on” portion they flash-backed to the scene with the pilots sharing their crackers & food wafers, etc; and someone remarked, “I thought our food supply was inexhaustible?” I don’t remember that from last week. Interesting though.

I believe one of the Mods found it offensive or potentially offensive to others. :frowning:

Was that newly-introduced bridge officer really named Hoshi???

That rock formation is in Monument Valley, isn’t it?

I think my favorite scene was when Adama asked Roslyn about Sharon’s baby, and she admits that she ordered Cottle to tell Sharon and Helo the baby died, but actually hid it away from them. Adama doesn’t say a word or even wait for her explanation, just turns on his heel, marches out of the room, and apologizes to Helo and Sharon. There’s a few betrayals of trust that will take some time to repair.

Has anyone on the show noticed the coincidence between the “Temple of Five” and “Five missing Cylon models”? I don’t remember anyone mentioning it. I’m surprised Xenabot and Baltar haven’t noticed it yet.

As far as I can tell, he’s been going insane in a highly entertaining manner for the last two and a half seasons :slight_smile:

I always thought the soundtrack sounded like a mix of Japanese Taiko drums and what I call “Black Hawk Down” music.

The Al-bot had the smartest ideas:
“We’re machines. What do we care if it takes 5000 years to find Earth? Let’s just blow up the Galactica and screw the Eye of Jupiter.”

Also:
“I’m improvising…trying to sweeten the pot a bit.”

Also, correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t Lee and Starbuck fighter pilots? What the heck do they know of ground combat any more than Sanders?

I would assume the curriculum at “Battlestar Academy” includes instruction on basic infantry tactics.

Yes, there was a Hoshi in the credits.

I don’t think it was shot in Monument Valley. MV is flat except for the outcroppings, which rise like … well, like monuments. Plus, it’s considered sacred ground by the American Indian tribes that own the land. I don’t know that they’d allow a large production like BSG to film there.

It looked more like Big Bend to me. I wanted to see if they’d mentioned where they were filmed in the credits, but it was so squashed so SciFi could pimp some up-coming show as to be illegible. I’m hoping they’ll mention it in the podcast.

I forgot how much i frakkin’ hate cliffhanger endings, way to retain your audience, Ron Moore, I can’t wait for next season

great cliffhanger ending, Adama is moments away from nuking the planet, normally in any other Sci-Fi show this’d be nothing more than a tension building excersise, because there’s no way in Hades that the lead character would ever nuke the planet, BSG, OTOH, is dark enough to pull it off

i once again pit whoever puts together the “Next week on BSG” previews, once again, they SPOILER one of the questions this episode leaves open, re;

Is Starbuck dead, what happened when she took a Toaster missle up her six (no, not that Six, geez, get your minds out of the gutter…), it shows her back on board Galactica, unscathed

Ron, time to fire your preview editor(s), they’re frakking up your cliffhangers again

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monument_Valley#The_Valley_in_media]*That * would be a change
[/quote]
. Looked like stock footage, anyway. But I’m sure I’ve seen that formation in a number of other movies.

MacTech, I’m not sure that needs a spoiler - I mean, was there ever any doubt?

Who here doesn’t think Blanders will end up dying trying to rescue Starbuck? Also they find a mythical temple that has be lost for 4 millenia and may contain clues to the location of Earth and Tyrol is the best expert they put on the ground :dubious: ! There isn’t a retired archeologist or ancient history proffesor in the entire fleet? Kinda odd considering how many vacationing cruise ship passengers survided the attack. They weren’t expecting the Cylons to show up. Lucky for the civies much easier to jump away from Algae Planer than to jump to it. :rolleyes: