Batwoman Season 2

I did like the exchange between Sophie and henchman:
“Why do you think I’d want to be a part of a ruthless, evil army?”
“Because you already are?”

Also, wouldn’t the island be doing yearly harvests? storing and distilling serum? have a greenhouse or two where they studied a few plants? something? Having all of your carefully tended roses out in the field and only picking a very few when you need them seems like a very odd choice.

So, in addition to poisoning Bat#2 with Kryptonite, they are replacing Bat#1 with Kryptonian Nyssa-Vex… hmm…

I actually thought it was Mouse, since he was the last person we saw dead in the sewer.

The body was wearing something that looked like their garnet necklaces.

Giant saw? That is straight out of the 60s version of Batman (obviously with a lot less comedy and camp)

Brian

S02E09 Rule #1

THE CHOICES WE MAKE - Batwoman confronts Gotham’s biggest foe, while new information forces those closest to Kate to make some difficult decisions. Ryan’s feelings for Angelique (guest star Bevin Bru) puts her partnership with Luke and Mary at risk, while Alice goes on a warped walk down memory lane.

Forgot to post the episode summary prior to airing. Oh, well.

So what exactly is the relationship between the Crows and the GCPD. The Police Commissioner got gunned down in broad daylight – you’d think the cops would be all over it. Instead, the Crows arrested a prisoner and extracted a confession from her. Is that even admissible in court?

It struck me that Ryan is in an abusive relationship with Angelique. She (Ryan) kept making excuses for Angelique’s bad behavior and was too willing to forgive. This was the woman that got her falsely sent to jail, after all. Luke and Mary really should have called her out on it.

I did some quick research and it turns out that Enigma is actually the Riddler’s daughter. The cane and her green outfit should have clued me in. Are they going to warp Kate into a supervillain?

That makes sense. I didn’t notice the cane or outfit, but I did notice the name and wondered if they were calling back to The Riddler somehow.

I think the whole storyline and whatever is going on with Julia is a huge mistake. They need to bury Kate (for both the characters and the viewers) and move on already. The funeral should have been the end of it (actually, several episodes ago should have been the end of it, but the funeral could have had a nice level of finality). Keeping her possibly alive, in the background, maybe, but maybe not, but will they find out, but won’t they, blah, blah, blah, etc. is bogging everything down. They could use a new focus/supervillain.

It could be that they’re going for a Winter Soldier type storyline, except this time it’s Captain America that got turned. That should be interesting.

As far as Ryan, Alice, and everyone else is concerned, Kate is dead so they can move on regardless. I mean, Alice has already had another psychotic break. Anything that can get Alice to act even crazier is a good thing.

S02E10 Time Off for Good Behavior

CAN’T GET YOU OUT OF MY HEAD - As Batwoman focuses even more effort on taking down Black Mask (guest star Peter Outerbridge), a new foe emerges, diverting the Bat team’s attention to a distressing issue in Gotham. Continually haunted by the mistakes of his past, Jacob travels down a dangerous path in an attempt to eradicate them. Alice and Julia (guest star Christina Wolfe) discover they have an enemy in common.

I think I was too hasty about Ryan’s relationship with Angelique. It’s not so much that Ryan is being abused by Angelique (which she is), but she use and abuses Angelique right back. They’re both enabling each other; they’re codependent. This is worse that Sophie’s denying that she’s gay right to Kate’s face.

I was rather shocked that they came out and revealed that Enigma was openly working as a therapist in Gotham. And not just that but both Jacob and Julia have been to see her. So why are they being so coy about Roman Sionis being Black Mask?

S02E11 Arrive Alive

FAST AND FURIOUS - With Batwoman and The Crows each hot on the trail of the False Face Society, their efforts collide, and tension escalates. Alice seeks out Enigma (guest star Laura Mennell), and Sophie and Ryan find some common ground.

Wow, Sophie has the extraordinary ability to frack anything up. First, running an unsanctioned undercover op on the False Faces. Then, when that went south, raiding the False Faces solo, without any backup whatsoever. What did she think was going to happen?

Meanwhile, Alice has re-joined with Ocean. I did not expect his return so soon. I thought they’d be saving him for the back half of the season. I’m not really sure where they’re going with the pair. How did Ocean even learn about Ryan’s desert rose?

S02E12 Initiate Self-Destruct

Note the scheduling change. The show now airs an hour later, after Legends of Tomorrow.

WE ALL WEAR MASKS - Ryan is faced with a difficult decision that could expose her as Batwoman, creating a rift in the Bat Team. Meanwhile, Black Mask’s (guest star Peter Outerbridge) plans for Kate Kane begin to unfold. Alice is reunited with someone from her past, and Sophie must decide where her loyalty lies.

Black Mask finally took off his mask this episode, revealing to no one’s surprise that he’s cosmetics peddler and would-be drug dealer Roman Sionis. And we finally get a glimpse of Wallis Day as the revived Kate Kane, except now she’s the one wearing a mask. As I suspected, it’s going to be a Winter Soldier-type situation, where Enigma made her think that she’s Roman’s daughter Circe.

I think I finally figured out what’s been missing the past few episodes. Alice was mostly off doing her own thing, with Safiyah, with Enigma, and especially with Ocean. She really needs to be interacting with the main cast for her character to truly shine. We finally got that again in this episode, with her and Ryan. And the Batwoman, Alice, and Kate fight was pretty good.

As much as I really like Alice’s performance, I think the show would have been better off stashing her away somewhere and bringing in a whole new set of bad guys. It’s just not working for me.

Also, didn’t Kate Kane have Ruby Rose’s very, very, very extensive set of ink? Unless they’re replacing all of her skin (not just her face, but everything), it seems that that body would be identifiable as soon as anyone saw pretty much any part of her body other than her neck.

Kate got badly burned in the plane crash and that apparently also burned away her tattoos.

S02E13 I’ll give you a Clue

GAME NIGHT - When Sophie must face a foe from her rookie days with The Crows, Ryan, Mary and Luke are also pulled into the villain’s game. Meanwhile, the tables turn on Alice when she finds herself in dire circumstances, and Jacob continues to revisit the past.

Sophie continues to be the worst. “I didn’t want to force you to trust me.” but that’s exactly what she did. Also, she’s an idiot for not working the damn puzzle.

Really, Sophie doesn’t have any friends that she has to celebrate with her boss’s daughter? What about the Crows that supposedly gave the bottle to her? Or is it that even Sophie doesn’t want to hang out with the other Crows.

I like this new girl, Stephanie Brown. I’m hoping she comes back. Luke deserves to be with someone.

MVP of the episode, as always, is Alice. She figured out right quick that the girl in the mask was supposed to be “Circe Sionis”, and therefore Black Mask was Roman Sionis. And then almost immediately sussed out that “Circe” was really Kate. At least we won’t see Wallis Day in that stupid mask anymore.