BCS Flameout ahead

Now now, my Blue and White still have PLENTY of time this year to piss away the season. has no hope

Oh, “awful” is woefully inadequate to describe describe how bad we are this year. If we played in the old I-AA we MIGHT have a winning record. There’s a distinct possibility that in a WA state round-robin college football tournament the champion could very well be Central Washington University.

I mean, I can not impress upon anyone ENOUGH, the level of suck we’re playing with this year. I’ll do my best though:

Conference Margin of Defeat: 33-292 for an average loss of 58-7.
Defense gives up an average of 48 points a game (this includes a game against division two Portland State).

And last but not least…

In our game against Oregon State the Cougs had NEGATIVE YARDS!!! I SHIT YOU NOT! 132 total yards of offense to 145 yards of penalties (granted some were probably on the defensive side, but…)

:frowning:

The BCS takes a beating every year. Outside of Scientology, homeopathy, and Kevin Trudeau infomercials, it’s the biggest piece of crap known to man. If your team makes it, the BCS is the greatest thing since the interweb; if your team doesn’t make it, it’s either the worst system ever devised, or the most corrupt, or both.

The whole system suffers not only from an overweening desire to make as much money as possible, but from the contradictory aims of having a true national champion, on the one hand, and also maintaining all the local and regional pissing contests, on the other. The fact is that having both these things is almost impossible.

If you want a proper national champion, one with real credibility, you need some sort of Premier League system where the 20 (or 16, or whatever) best schools in the country all play one another, and where the bottom two or three drop down to the next division at the end of each season (allowing two or three to move up).

And if you want to maintain the conference system, with all the traditional local rivalries that get the boosters salivating and the fans screaming abuse at one another, then you have to accept that you’re unlikely to be able to make a proper evaluation of comparative strengths on the national level.

Notre Dame fans!

:smiley:

I don’t know who Kevin Trudeau is, but *DAMN *this is funny!

And then there were 6, Texas and Tulsa are gone. The rest have friendlier schedules the rest of the way.