Be careful what you buy off eBay

From the mouseover preview, I misunderstood Crafter_Man to mean his wife had bought him a bee costume. I was briefly amused by the mental picture of him cleaning his guns while dressed in a big black and yellow fuzzy bodysuit.

That could give someone nightmares!

The bees! The bees just keep stinging!

I ebay while drinking. You should see the shit I end up with.

What’s that saying about “you get what you pay for?” Being a tenth the normal price should have been a big, red warning flag.

Dude, that’s awesome, as long as you have some way of limiting your spending. What if you drunkenly buy some $20,000 Revere tea service straight out of Antiques Roadshow?

I’d hope ebay have “I was drunk” on their official list of reason why you can retract a bid. However after three of them you require approval from your AA helper to confirm any bids!

Yea. This year is only my third year doing it.

I now have a real bee suit. $149. Worth every penny. :smiley:

Well, my wife bought it for me. I didn’t know she bought it until after it arrived. I do accept some of the blame, though. I should have questioned why it was so cheap, and looked it over more carefully!

I have a used bee-suit. No veil, though. My FIL, his father, both of his brothers–all beekeepers. Before FIL died, when he was first finding out that he had cancer, he needed help loading his bees to move them. So Himself and I went out to the fields in the evenings, and I smoked the bees, and he loaded the pallets onto the truck. The next morning before dawn, FIL would do the moving. Himself didn’t wear a suit, though, just a long-sleeve denim shirt and gloves, and a veil, but he insisted I wear one.

Excuse me for this, but I must tell you. Mrs. Garrett and I got absolutely hysterical over your OP.

Well, I’d say the biggest one was the first one, when he paid for the suit. :slight_smile:

I have a magical hat I can sell you that will keep bees from stinging you.

It also exempts you from doing your taxes and makes your intestinal gases smell like pumpkin pie.

:: Sunspace adds another entry to the list of jobs he will never, ever do ::

Live and learn, I guess. I’m glad you lived through this one.

Does it really smell like pumpk- oh my god he farted and it went down my throat!

Aw, fuck! That would be cool! Instead, I buy $1000 shit that came from the dollar store! :smiley: Or worse, Russian motorcycles!