Bed to desk.. how long?

I get out of bed at 6:30 AM, leave the house at 7:00, and am at the shop ready to ride out and haul away people’s bulky, heavy junk at 7:30.

Ideally: Alarm at 5:55 am - listen to news, hit snooze once or twice - out of bed by 6:30, washed and dressed; meds taken, cat fed, email read, boards read and posted; out the door by 8:10am at desk at 8:30am (I have an 8 mile commute, but I invariably get caught at the two grade level RR crossings)
Actually: Alarm at 5:55, ignore news, hit snooze til 6:55; listen to news, hit snooze, turn on Buffy, tVS for 15 minutes or so; pull myself out of bed, wash, dress, feed cat, take meds, check email, resist checking boards, out of house by 8:15, squeak into desk 2 minutes late

I can tell you how I’d like to be spending the time between when I wake up and when I get out of bed, but that ain’t happenin’ these days! :smiley:

So, either out of bed at 6:30 or at 6:00 if I can get my ass in gear for exercise, followed by coffee and newspapers, shower, fluffing and buffing, getting dressed. Out the door 7:30 -ish. In my office around 8.

Out of bed whenever I am done sleeping (around 10ish) or when the dog decides I’m done sleeping (around 9ish), a trip to the loo, feed the dog and let her outside, at my desk about 5 mins after getting out of bed.

(I work at home, ya see :wink: )

Days when I’m teaching, out of bed around 6:30, out the door near 7, at the office by 7:30 (including NASCAR-speed pit stop for coffee). Days when I’m not, up at 7:30, same general routine for arrival by 8:30. I hate sitting around after I get up and have no interest in morning TV (except for a quick glance at the Weather Channel) so I usually get out the door as soon as I’m sure I don’t have my underwear on backwards or mismatched socks.

I wake up at 7:30, take 15 minutes to shower and get dressed, then take a 35 minute drive to arrive at work at 8:30.

Er, make that 25 minutes to shower and get dressed.

out of bed when I wake up, usually 6:30 or 7am, sometimes later. At my desk pretty much 5 min later downstairs.

From opening my eyes to showing my ID to the guard at the front desk: 47 minutes this morning.

I wake up at 8:30am, have breakfast, take a shower, get dressed, check my email, walk out of the house at 10:15, arrive at the train station at 10:35, get to Penn Station at 11:30, grab a coffee & donut at Starbucks and walk in the door to work at 12 noon.

3 and a half hours. Plus an hour and a half coming home at night.

Thank God I am about to move into an apartment literally less than 5 minutes from where I work.

It typically takes me 90 minutes from the time I get out of bed to the time I walk out the front door. Almost a half hour is spent simply sitting in the bathroom, waking up while listening to Elliot on DC101 (I am not a morning person). The next hour is spent brushing my teeth, showering, dressing, and doing my hair. I have a 3-mile commute, though, so most days it only takes 10 minutes to get to the parking lot, and another five to get to my desk.

(It truly amazes me that it takes half as long to walk from the parking lot to my office as it does to drive from my house to the parking lot.)

The actual time all of this happens varies widely, depending on how many times I hit “snooze” (sometimes I don’t get up for a full hour after the alarm first goes off), whether I have any morning meetings, etc., but I’m usually in the office by 10:30am.

If I oversleep, about 10 seconds. I work at home. :smiley: It’s just a matter of rolling my ass out of bed and walking across the hall.

Usually, however, it’s about an hour. I get up at 7, have some breakfast and wake up for a bit, shower, and I’m working at 8. Unless I’m going to the gym, in which case it’s about two hours, wake up at 6, have breakfast, gym for an hour, home, shower, work at 8.

Out of bed at 6:30. Out the door at 6:40. Sipping my coffee clicking on the SDMB at my desk at around 7:03 depending on the whims of the traffic lights.

As far as mornings go, it’s great to be a guy. I have kept my hair cut to 1/4 inch for a few years now, so no comb or messy hair either.

Fate is indeed cruel:

I telecommute, so I could technically wake up two minutes before I have to log in and still have time to spare. However, my shift doesn’t begin until 11:00, and I have an eight-month old baby. Care to guess when the last time I slept past 9:00am was?

When I used to work in the securities industry, I could stagger out of bed at 4:12 am (6 min snooze button) and be at my desk by 5am. That included showering, applying make-up, dressing, a 25 minute communte. When you have to be at work at 5am, you make every minute count.

Depends whether its a bike day or an iPod day.

If I’m in the mood to listen to music on the way to work, I’ll wake at 7.20 am and head out the door by 7.40am for a 20-minute walk to work. And maybe a bit of a sing if there’s no-one else around (or I get forgetful and think there’s no-one else around.)

If not, I get to lie in bed for an extra 10 minutes and head out by around 7.50am for a quick bide ride to work.

It’s winter at the moment and I hate riding in the cold, so lately I’ve been walking a lot more.

45 minutes. My alarm goes off at 5:30; I leave the house around 6:00 and am here around 6:15.

I wake up at 5 AM, leave the house by 5:20 (I shower at night) with coffee in hand, and arrive at my desk by 6:30. I live 60 miles from my office.

I have to be up by 7:15 to hit the desk by 8:30. I ususally get up around 6-6:30, so it’s rarely a problem.

If I’m at the girlfriend’s pad, out of bed at 0715 to give me time to wake and shower so I can get either the bus at 0745 or take the car at 8ish. Both travel options get me to the city centre or close to work so I’m in the door at 0900 by bus or 0845 by car.

If I’m waking alone in my own horrible rented room I can laze about and only rise at 0800 to take a long shower (no idea what I do in there, but it takes me a while to get clean apparantly) and walk to work at 0840 and be there at 0900.