Been to DisneyLAND, DisneyWORLD, Both, or Neither?

Watching a pretty awesome video from Disneyland, I began to regret that I’ve never been there. I’ve been to DisneyWORLD several times (alas, far too few), but never the original. I hope to get there someday.

Have you been to one, the other, both, or neither?

Bonus points if you’ve been to Tokyo, Paris, or Hong Kong (the Disney parks therein, that is).

Both. I grew up in So Cal, and went to DisneyLAND at least once a year. After I moved to Colorado and went Disney-less for a few years, I took a trip to Walt Disney WORLD in 1996 with my youngest daughter. It was the best vacation I had ever had up to that point. :slight_smile: I’ve made trips back to both places after a legacy allowed my husband and I to purchase Disney Vacation Club on both coasts. (Yes, I’m one of THOSE people!) Our next family trip to WDW is December 2013 and I’m having a hard time waiting!

You should totally take a trip to Disneyland. It’s the same, only different, if you know what I mean! :stuck_out_tongue:

I voted that I’ve been to neither, but I have been to Downtown Disney and to a meeting at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim – so I’ve been very close to Disneyland without actually entering it.

I’ve been to Disney World a few times. Twice in my youth, once during high school, twice as an adult with friends, and once with some students from a camp I worked at. With the students was the best. I don’t hate Disney World, and I like a lot of Disney films, I’ve never thought of all the places in the world, I want to be here MOST of all. I don’t plan to go again unless I have kids of my own one day. I know some adults, some are even coworkers, who want to go again and again. I don’t get it.

Just to Disneyland once when I was a kid. Would love to see Disneyworld… isn’t it supposed to be a lot bigger and better?

I went to Disneyland several times as a kid, then once more about 20 years ago before we moved from California to Minnesota. It was interesting to see how much and how little things had changed. I’d like to go to Disneyworld, but there are other places that are ahead of that on my travel list–Ireland and Spain, primarily.

Born and raised in California, we went to Disneyland a few times when I was a kid. And we’ve been at least once a year the last 9 or 10 years.

I’ve never been to Disney World. We thought about going a few years ago, but airfare was ridiculously expensive; we wound up saving money by spending a week in London instead :slight_smile:

Just the one in California. My parents said at the age of three I ran screaming in terror from Mickey Rat! Took the wife there on a trip to the US one year too.

Have not been to Disneyland in any other country or territory either. But I’ve wondered why Hong Kong felt the need for one, since they already had the excellent Ocean Park (where I managed to get the wife on a triple-loop roller coaster, heh).

Born and raised in Northern California. We went twice when I was a kid and I went with friends in college. In the last 10 yrs (since the kid turned 4) we’ve been at least once a year. Several years we went 2 or 3 times. Sure it’s a long drive, but it’s worth it. We were just there in early October for the kid’s fall break. We may go again in January for my birthday.

Someday I’d like to get to one of the other ones. We tried once to go to the one in Florida. But when we discovered it was cheaper to fly to London from here than to fly to Orlando, we went to London instead.

Yes, a thousand times yes.

I went to Disney Land once when I was 5 coming back from a trip with my grandparents from a trip to Hawaii. I still have keep-sakes from it after many thousands of miles of moves since. I really liked it back then but I told my daughters never to ask about going to Disney World or Disney Land. It just strikes me the wrong way like cruises do.

It isn’t like they don’t get to take multiple vacations a year all over the world. I have watched the documentaries too and I don’t think either of those parks are going to make it to the top of the priority list anytime in the next few years. I would go if it was free but that is about it. I don’t have anything against Disney in general but being herded into corals for hours with some of the biggest people on earth doesn’t sound like my idea of a good time.

I went to Disneyland once, on Christmas day, when I was four years old. I only remember a few bits and pieces, but it remains the best Christmas ever.

I’ve been to Disney World 3 times and will surely go back with my nieces. I feel like a rock star!

Disneyland twice, about 35 years apart. During that time, I think Space Mountain went from non-existent, to cutting-edge, to modern, to cool, to passé, to cheesy, to run-down, to refurbished, and all the way back to retro-cool again.

Would like to get to Disneyworld, one of these years.

Never been to either one. I grew up in Maryland, so going to either one was an undertaking and my parents hated expensive tourist traps. My brother went with his middle school class, but I’ve never been. Now I’m living in LA and could do a simple day trip to Disneyland but I’m really not interested in spending the money and going just to say I’ve been.

It’s the dream of every kid, including me. But I’ve never even been to the Northern Hemisphere, let alone the US, let alone California, let alone Los Angeles, let alone Disneyland.

Or Florida.

Not sure if I’m that interested in going anymore, but if the opportunity came up I’d probably partake.

Went to DL when I was young and tripped shrooms…

My memory of DL is very vague. I just remeber laughing a lot. Any ride that had animatronics on it was a definate bonus.

Been to DW too. (Many, many years later. Sans the shrooms.)

Obviously I have fonder memories of DL.

With DW, I went at the wrong time of year. The heat was so unbearable that we could hardly enjoy ourselves.

Thank God we dicovered Dicovery Cove.. Now that place was freaking awesome in the Florida heat. All inclusive too.

Been to Disney; Land, World and Paris.

Went to DisneyLand the first time 25 years ago, when my father took my daughter and me right after my mother died. We lived on the East Coast, and went to DisneyWorld twice. Now we live in California. When we swapped houses with a friend we got a year pass and went to DisneyLand several times. Now I’m involved with a conference that runs out of the DisneyLand Hotel, and I just came back, though I didn’t go to the park this time. At our last meeting though the Disney people took us into the new California Adventure (much improved).

And I’ve stayed at all three hotels in the California property!

Neither. They’re extremely expensive and far away.

As a kid I wanted to go, but, now, it just seems like it would be too big.