Been to DisneyLAND, DisneyWORLD, Both, or Neither?

Went to D’World a couple times as a kid with my family, loved it. We took our kids there (Magic Kingdom, for one day only) a few years ago when I was down there for a business trip. Two years ago we went to D’Land as a family while on a trip to CA- it sucked. It was like D’World, but smaller, and more crowds, and longer lines, and the attendants at the rides and concessions and just walking around the grounds had the attitudes that you’d find at any honky-tonk beachside boardwalk amusement park. The employees at D’World, however, acted as if their primary goal was that you enjoyed yourself during your visit. The employees at D’Land just didn’t really care. We got in for free because we volunteered our time for a 1-day pass to the park, as part of a promotion they were running that year. Even for free, it wasn’t worth it. I won’t go back. We are, however, going to DisneyWorld & Universal Studios (FL) for a week right after Thanksgiving.

Both. As a kid we drove to Disneyworld maybe 3 or 4 times. (Long drive from Southern Ontario!)

My brother once lived in San Diego, so a trip to Disneyland was definitely in the cards during a visit.

Went to Disney World three times. When I was eventually able to get out to southern California, I figured that I didn’t have anything to gain by seeing Disney Land, so my theme-park dollars went to Universal Studios Hollywood, Knott’s Berry Farm (my favorite park for rides that I’ve visited so far) and Legoland.

I went to DisneyLand on vacation with my parents when I was about 10. I’ve been back twice as an adult, once in my late 20’s and again about three years ago when I was in Anaheim for a convention.

I went to Disney World twice during college, when I had gone down to FL for Spring Break. Only did the Magic Kingdom - never saw Epcot or any of the other parks. Our kids about the right age to take them sometime if I can convince my wife to do it.

I’ve done both. I think I went to LAND twice - back in the 70s when I was stationed in San Diego. I have no idea how many times I’ve been to WORLD, since we lived in FL for a lot of years and you used to get Florida Resident admission for $20 in the off-season. Plus we had our daughter those years in FL.

Frankly, if I never go to either again, I could die happy. I’m too old and crabby for theme parks.

I went to DisneyLand as part of a SoCal family vacation when I was 12, where I also visited San Diego and Las Vegas. I’ve been to DisneyWorld in Orlando 3 times, when I was 13, 26 (with my then GF who I soon proposed to), and last year when I was 40 and had 3 kids old enough to enjoy it.

DL is a nice theme park, possibly very crowded, but DW is an experience. Maybe it was because I had kids with me but I felt it really lived up to the name “Magic Kingdom” on my trip last year.

Theme parks don’t hold a lot of appeal for me. I get the feeling Disney doesn’t have enough rides and has too much blah blah blah Disney crap. (yeah… I know… that’s the point). I’m more of a Cedar Point girl. Give me as many coasters and thrill rides as you can cram into a few walkable acres and leave me alone.

I wasn’t into Disney as a child – I was a mega tomboy and anything pink and girly or remotely doll-like, disgusted me. Up until the Little Mermaid, which came out when I was 14, the Disney heroines were all simpering, pathetic losers that I rejected categorically. Meanwhile, my parents were hippy types that were 1,000% against commercialized fun. (yes, I owned volumes 1-5 of “The Anti-Coloring Book,” why do you ask?).

So going to Disney W/L wasn’t a “thing” growing up. Among my circle I don’t think I knew anyone who had been or wanted to go. And my indifference continues to this day. I might go, if someone else paid, but its not an experience I would shell out money for myself.

Been to Disney World twice and Disneyland Paris twice. I would happily go back to either one.

Never been to the original Disneyland.

Mine did too. It’s amazing how that changed when they became grandparents.

I almost had a chance to go to DW about 15 years ago, when I was living with someone whose cousin worked there. I’m not sure why those plans fell through.

But I’ve never really had any desite to go, even as a kid.

My family used to go to Disney World once a year, but I only went when I was a baby, like stroller age. By the time I got interested in going, they were all sick of Disney. I did go with my mom to Epcot one year.

Been to World twice and Land once, for a few days each time, and should be going to Paris soon.

Bear in mind that local residents get significant discounts. I managed to get them too, by staying with local residents.

Been to Disney World several times. Loved it when I was young, in my 20’s it was so-so, took my then ~6 year old daughter around 1999 and had lots of fun, then at age 40 with my girlfriend it was a lot of fun again. There is plenty more to do than just rides and the main parks.

I’ve been to Disneyland in California many times. I grew up in Southern California, and my sister still lives only 15 minutes away from the park.

Other: I’ve been to Disneyland, I’ve worked at Disney World. grin

Did you know Colleen?

I go to Disneyland all the time. I spent a week there last month*. I only just made it to WDW earlier this year. Bigger, yes. Better, not a chance. Lots of fun, though, and I will certainly return (you can’t exactly go scuba diving inside the CA parks).

*: the new thing I discovered this time is a Mediterranean food place buried in DCA with no lines and beef kefta with tzatziki sauce. Ambrosia in Disney heaven!

Went to Disney World with my parents back in the 70s. Years later, I was visiting family in California and want to Disneyland out of curiosity and to be able to say that I’d been there.

It struck me as a much smaller imitation of Disney World. I know it was first, but If you go to Disney World first and then visit Disneyland, that’s how it seems. At least it did to me.

Annual passholder at Disnayland. Going to the World in a few weeks. Visited DL Paris years ago.

I’ve been to Disney World plenty of times due to having close family in Celebration. I also went to Disneyland a couple of days in 1999.

My thought was that Magic Kingdom in Disneyland was much better than the one in Disney World, but the overall experience (primarily my favorite, Epcot) is much better in Florida.

Been to Disney World fairly frequently. A few years ago - after somewhere in the neighborhood of ten WDW trips, we had a corporate boondoggle (my husband’s) to Disneyland.

Each Magic Kingdom is the strangest thing. Its like you know it like the back of your hand, but “what are the Tiki Birds doing on that side of the path!” and “What is this?!” Its like some weird alternate universe version of the park you know.

I hope to get to Paris in the next few years. I don’t think I’ll ever make it to Tokyo.