Been to DisneyLAND, DisneyWORLD, Both, or Neither?

I’ve been to both multiple times.

My mother grew up in Anaheim and went as a child and her family still lives there. We went a number of times as a kid, and I think the first few times it was free to get in but you paid for each ride.

I went to Disneyworld when they first opened up Epcot, we drove down from the DC area and camped. I went again in high school to march in a parade. I’ve been twice as an adult I think, once I took both kids.

My oldest daughter, now 6, has been to both as I took her myself to visit my mother’s family a couple of years ago. I Should take the youngest but I don’t have the money to fly out there now.

I’ve also been to Euro Disney almost 20 years ago. I don’t really remember much about it though, I think it was a lot smaller then the other parks.

I would like to take the kids back, but since I’m divorced now it will cost way too much to do. I would like to take the youngest to Disneyland though so she can also meet the family.

I went to Disneyland once as a kid, in the early nineties. I’ve only been to the East Coast once in my life; it was nowhere near Florida, so I’ve never been to Disney World.

Land in the 60s.
World, first time, in the 80s.

I’ve been to neither, and I don’t have a desire to go to either… though they seem nice, because many Dopers seem to like them, so maybe I do have a tiny desire to go now. :slight_smile:

A question for those who have been to both: how do they differ?
(And maybe we should start a new poll thread about which is better. :slight_smile: )

Oh yes, I’ve been to Disneyland Tokyo once, too.

having lived a little over an hour from disneyworld my entire life, i’ve been there more times than i’ve counted.

i’ve been to disneyland paris (it was called euro disney back then) once. i remember liking space mountain and phantom manor quite a bit.

never been to disneyland, but i would go if given the opportunity. i’m kind of a fangirl.

Never been to either. My mother, however, has been to both through work when I was a kid. Yeah, Mom, Minne Mouse Barbie bought on resort totally beats not actually taking me! Ha. Well, I will have my revenge, I have a niece now. I’m sure her mommy and daddy would love to have auntie come along and keep kiddo company while they run off-resort for some much needed cocktails!

I have, however, been to Tokyo, but didn’t want to waste a precious day going somewhere I could go to much cheaper and quicker later!

Land, early 60s, with my parents and younger sister.
Land, early 70s, when attending a conference in Anaheim.
Land, early 90s, when moving back to Chicago from SF.
World, late 70s, when visiting relatives in Ocala.

I’ve been to both.

For anyone who’s been to Disney World several times before going to Disney Land the first time, I wonder if they’d be disappointed because it’s crowded / more compact / much less land, and it’s quite a bit older and therefore more “tired”?

I keep hearing how crowded Disneyland is. Are the crowds pretty consistent year-round? If you go to the Magic Kingdom (in FL) on a Tuesday in January, you’ll pretty much have the place to yourself. Not so in Anaheim? :confused:

I lived in SoCal for many years and went to Disneyland every time someone I knew came to CA on vacation. But really, I always enjoyed it. Best time ever, though, was once when my mom was visiting and we went on a Tuesday, and it rained in the morning; not a lot, just enough to chase away the crowds! We hardly had to stand in line at all, the park was deserted and it was wonderful. One of my favorite memories of a time with my mom. (Even if she did get motion sickness on Space Mountain.)

It can get bad on the weekends any time of year due to locals visiting, but weekdays during low season isn’t usually bad. Rare bad weather days also keep the locals at home and are often the best days to go.

The first time I went to Disneyland in Anaheim was when I was on our high school choir trip - from Illinois.
You can imagine how excited I was, along with about 30 of my closest friends, to have a full day at Disneyland! (I was about 16 at the time.)

However, my aunt and my three idiot cousins lived in Anaheim, and somehow my father thought it would be a great idea for her to pick me up that day at about 1:00 PM and go back to their house and visit for a few hours. Then she was to take me back to Disneyland when everyone else was going to get on the bus and leave.

I “accidentally” went to the wrong entrance and missed them - darn! (As if I even thought of going there for one minute!)

Ages later I told my father I never even tried to find my aunt and cousins, and how could they have been that stupid and suggested I leave Disneyland, and all my friends, to go to her house for Sloppy Joe’s and chit chat at the age of 16?!

My father looked at me and laughed - and then he said, “Yeah, that probably wasn’t such a great plan on my part…”

When I later moved to California, I went to Disneyland a few more times…still fun, no matter how old you are!

Neither. Parents didn’t really love us.

I went to California Adventure and cried myself to sleep that night.

Went to Orlando the day after graduating high school, visited Disneyworld while I was there. Never got to EPCOT, which I regret. Hope to make up for that sometime and to get back to Cape Canaveral, which I didn’t get to spend nearly enough time at when I went there several years ago.

Disney World once as a small child (6) then as a teenager, then as a young adult, and now twice with my little girl.

It was genuinely awesome every time. But it’s way, way more fun if you bring a little one.

Some things live up to the hype, and some don’t. Disney World lives up to the hype. Everything is top notch. It’s just a fantastic experience. Expensive as hell and a bargain at twice the price.

It’s better now, FYI.

This. Disneyland > Magic Kingdom. Actually, I’d go Disneyland > Disneyland Paris > Magic Kingdom.

The Disney World resort blows away the Disneyland resort. Disneyland is a nice weekend. Disney World is a week.

You’ll almost never have the place to yourself in DL anymore. But there are times you can go when the lines will be pretty short.

I was born and raised 20 minutes from Disneyland. I went there a few times a year with my family. Now, JpnGal and I go there for two days during our yearly visit to my folks place.

I’ve been to Walt Disney World three times in 1991, 1999, and 2010.

I went to Disneyland Paris three times in Spring 1999.

JpnGal and I have been going to Hong Kong Disneyland once a year since it opened in 2005.

Last but not least, I’ve been an Annual Passport holder at Tokyo Disney Resort since 1998. I visit at least 2-3 times a month. So that’s over 500 times. :smiley: