Begging songs- link to your favorite.

Songs that beg for sex, is what I’m talking about. I’m claiming Marvin Gaye’s Let’s Get It On as the best begging song ever. Even though he tells me not to worry because he won’t push me and in the very next line tells me to stop beating around the bush (heh heh, he said ‘bush’), the song still makes my panties drop.

I will also claim that his Sexual Healing is the worst. Every time he says “Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Let’s make love tonight”, I feel a strong urge to kick him and tell him, “Stop fucking poking me! Can’t you see I’m SLEEPING!”

Also are there any good begging songs by women? There must be but I can’t think of one. As I type this, I have a vague feeling I may have had another thread along the same lines. Oh well, let’s do it again like the Staple Singers.

Madcon, Beggin. I love this song, so freaking catchy.

This video is blaxploilicious!

You’re the one who makes me happy, honey.
You’re the Sun who makes me shine.
When you’re around I’m always laughing.
I want to make you mine.

I close my eyes and see you before me.
Think I would die if you were to ignore me.
A fool could see just how much I adore you.
I get down on my knees I’d do anything for you.

I don’t want anybody else.
When I think about you I touch myself.

Liz Phair has several.

Not all are not safe for work.

Funny thing is, I actually like the edited for radio version of ‘Why Can’t I’ better than the original. And I’ve never said that about anything. Ever.

Not only did I misspell ‘is’, I also seemed to have looked over the fact that the lead singer of the Staple Singers is female. Derrr!

Prince. Pick a song.

Let’s go with If I Was Your Girlfriend off Sign o’ the Times. C’mon baby; I’ll share secrets and have a pillow fight with you!

Not making any claims about these being my “favourite” but…
I Want Your Sex
I Want Your Sex (Part II)
I Want Your Sex (Part III)
although by the time it gets to part 3 it sounds more like plotting a date rape than begging for sex.

Perhaps these could give Sexual Healing a run for it’s money?

I ain’t too proud to post a link to a song by The Temptations.

Only the Good Die Young by Billy Joel is pretty catchy.

I call foul! Although it is a song about begging, the Temps are not begging for sex in Ain’t To Proud To Beg.

Only The Good Die Young is an excellent choice and Jena woulda won one whole internet if s/he had linked to it. As it stands you get an honorable mention.

The Beatles, Please Please Me

A classic of the genre: “Let’s Spend the Night Together” by the Rolling Stones.

Two from Ke$ha:
Blah Blah Blah
Grow a Pear [sic]

I’d kill to be the guy who gets called up on stage when she performs the latter, BTW.

For a woman’s song, Bonnie Raitt’s “Tangled and Dark” makes me tingle…

*Gonna get into it, babe,
Down where it’s tangled and dark.
Way on into it, baby,
Down where your fears are parked.

Gonna tell the truth about it, babe,
Honey that’s the hardest part.
When we get through it, baby,
You’re gonna give up your heart.*

I guess the lyrics could be better, but who cares when she’s singing about where it’s tangled and dark (or used to be, before women started shaving).

Mickey by Toni Basil

“Ain’t Too Proud to Beg” & “Red Light Special” - TLC
“Don’t Let Go (Love)” - En Vogue
“I Want to Come Over” - Melissa Etheridge

‘You’re makin’ me high’ by Toni Braxton qualifies I think.

Kate Bush -“The Sensual World”

Two off-topic trivia points about that song. First, it’s inspired by Molly Bloom’s soliloquy from James Joyce’s novel Ulysses. Second, the actor Guy Pearce is a huge Kate Bush fan and bought his wife that red dress at a charity auction.
Kate Bush - “Song of Solomon”

Kate Bush - “Feel It”

Kate Bush - “L’Amour Looks Something Like You”

Mandinka” by Sinead O’Connor