Besides Coke, what goes with whiskey?

I didn’t know that Crown Royal was good enough to drink on it’s own! I thought it was kind of a middling whiskey almost good enough to drink neat, but not quite. 'Course, I don’t know too much about whiskey, just that CR and coke is really, really good mixed about 1/2 and 1/2.

[Pat Travers]Snortin’ whiskey, drinkin’ cocaine…[/PT]
Oh, you meant Coke™. Personally I’ve always preferred 7-up with my whiskey, bouron and preferably Jim Beam.

If I’m drinking a mid- or low-grade scotch or other type of whiskey, I like it with club soda (aka seltzer/soda water) and some ice. I don’t like my whiskey with anything sweet. I think scotch & soda is fine when you want something on a hot day that’s cold and fizzy, but not sweet.

Whiskey and Kahlua on the rocks, with a splash of coke if you want… excellent.

What goes with whiskey?

Wild, wild women! :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you tried a palindrome?

Crown Royal and Royal Crown (cola).

I really thought the only way to drink whiskey was in a shot or with coke. Just throw the glass back and slam that shot down. It never occured to me to sip it. It doesn’t really sound appealing. Maybe I’m just using cheap whiskey.

What is the difference between whiskey and bourbon? I’ve got some Maker’s Mark at home that I sometimes mix with coke, but I usually just shoot it. It has a pretty good taste to it.

I tend to agree, Crown isn’t anything to write home about. Better than Beam, but mostly just good packaging and branding. Of course, this doesn’t mean that it can’t be drank on it’s own.

That’s WHUSKEY, not whiskey! And don’t fergit the cigareets.

Probably the best drink ever invented in an airport. Maybe the only one.

Is it true that in the 1950s, after Irish Coffee caught on in San Francisco, that city consumed more Irish whiskey than the rest of the country put together? And what were the Irish drinking in New York? Rye?