Best Commercials Ever

Inspired by the opposite thread of crappy commercials, does anyone have a commercial they think is absolutely classic no matter how many times they see it? It’s rare, but there have to be a few. I, for one, loved the Terry Tate, Office Linebacker commercials.

But my personal favorite commercial still runs today. I love Corona’s Christmas commercial. It’s simple, fun, amusing and brief.

Beach at sundown, sillhouette of a small hut and a tall palm tree. One window is lit in the hut and in the background is the sound of the ocean. You hear a guy whistling the melody to “O, Christmas Tree” a couple of times and the palm tree lights up with Christmas bulbs. The light in the window dies and the guy stops whistling. The bottom of the screen just says “Seasons Greetings. Corona.”

It isn’t Xmas time to me without that commercial.

My current favorite is the Geico commercial in which the Father intervenes in a fight between his kids and says something to the effect, “Stop fighting kids! This is the remote control for the garage.” Then we hear the garage door crashing on his car. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Of course, this thread would not be complete without the Best Commercial of All Time:

>>drumroll please<<

The Mean Joe Green Coca-Cola Commercial!!

I also really loved several of the Budweiser commercials featuring the Clydesdales. The one shown during the Super Bowl following 9/11, with the Clydesdales kneeling across the river from the Towers site, made me cry. I wasn’t the only one.

“Only one thing smells like bacon and that’s bacon!”

Apple’s 1984 commercial. Ran once, 20 years ago, and I still remember it.

In the bottom of the Marianas trench, perhaps?
(lasted 20 minutes?)

the bud lite with the penguin-in-house-stalker-creepy-phone-call-maker

“how’s your bud lite… doobey dooobey doooo…”

Alka Seltzer’s “I can’t believe I ate the whole thing!”

Nissan’s GI Joe and Barbie to the tune of “You Really Got Me”

The Nissan commercial with the pigeon chasing the Altima trying to hit it with droppings, from around 1997.

The Bud Light “Real American Heroes”/“Real Men of Genius” radio spots. Too bad Budweiser puts more effort into making good commercials than they do making good beer.

Levi’s “French Dictionary.” Car chase, love story, mystery, and humor all rolled in one. With “Playground Love” by Air to boot.

I want these jeans.

The “I Love Air!!” commercial: “Breathing it? Are you kidding me? It’s so good!”

The original version of the Coca Cola “I’d like to teach the world to sing” commercial.

The current Dr. Pepper commercial, “Stacy’s mom has got it goin’ on”

And my favorite of all time: “Wingman”: “She’s towing an anchor…a junior investment banker”. Just doesn’t get much better than that.

The Budweiser frogs were brilliant. The lizards (Frank and Louie) were pretty good, too, but the original “Bud…weis…er” commercial was classic.

“You got chocolate in my peanut butter!”

Those guys showed up as guests at today’s Cubs/Pirates game. They talked about putting the commercials together, then did one on the game broadcasters. Funny stuff! :smiley:

My favorite is about the donkey who wanted to become the Clydesdale. He gets extensions and during his “interview” all you hear is “HEE-HAW.” He gets the job anyway. I just think that one is adorable and teaches a lesson about not letting go of your dreams.

I also like the one about the Dalmations that get separated at birth. One goes on to sit on the carriage drawn by the Clydesdales, the other is a Fire Dept dog. Years later, they pass on the street and the Bud dog sticks its tongue out at the Fire Dog as if to say “NYAH-NYAH” Cute!

The identity theft commecials for Bank of America (?).

“My girl robot.”

I also like the one they played at the first Super Bowl after 9/11…a group of Clysdesdales tramp through the snow and bow down before the Statue of Liberty.

Sniff.

An investment firm did one about herding cats. It was hysterical, cause it was done straight–worn looking cowboys, etc. “Sure, cat herding looks easy…” I loved it.

The one ad my mind returns to again and again is very simple, and nobody ever mentions it. It is for some sort of college-placement test.

Classroom, wooden chair-with desklike arms, noise and scuffling of chairs. Abe Lincoln comes in, sits down, puts stovepipe hat on the desklike thing. He interlaces his fingers.

College professor calls role, he is holding a green-and-white roster. Says 'Lincoln, you’re new here aren’t you?" Lincoln nods. “But I have you down here as a second-year student.”

Lincoln: “I’ve done a lot of reading and studying, sort of on my own.”

Prof: “OK, Lincoln, show us what you know about the Civil War.”

Lincoln stands up, put one hand on a lapel and starts to talk. The announcer says his stuff about the tests.

The other students look at Lincoln in respect as he sits down. Professor is impressed. “Very good, Lincoln, OK who tell us about the Emancipation Proclamation?”

Lincoln looks around the room, nobody else has his hand up, he smiles a little and starts to raise his hand.

fade to black.

Great program. Great Lincoln (really ugly). Really made an impression on me for some reason.

“Say bud, whatcha eatin’?”
“Whatchamacallit”