Best commercial in all history of mankind

To counter the negative thread what is the best. Commercial. Ever?

I submit this:

Oh, I win already? Too bad. Top that, I dare you!

Nope. This one is the best.

Sun Fizz.

Hmm… yours has the Mythbusters and Stephen Goddamn Hawking in it… tough call.

I began that commercial thinking “holy… that’s the most terrifying mascot of all time. What were they thinking!?” Then they fulfilled every expectation. 4 stars, but certainly doesn’t beat post 2.

One continuous cut, no camera tricks, no special effects:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4187430023476942057

Stan Freberg’s Jino’s Pizza Rolls commercial. The references are a bit dated, but it’s still hilarious.

Background: at the time the commercial aired, Lark Cigarettes had a commercial showing a car with the sign “Show us your Lark pack.” People would pull out their cigarettes while the William Tell Overture played on the soundtrack. See it here.

The other reference is probably still understandable.

I don’t have good enough recall to pinpoint my favorite commercial of all time, so I’ll just share the first two that came to mind.

This one for Wendy’s always cracked my friends and me up and “day vear / evening vear / swim vear” was a constant catch phrase for us.

The other one, which was possibly for American Express, had a man in a pet store and it takes the clerk so long to verify his identity that the store’s rabbits have multiplied, ending with him absentmindedly picking up a bunny and holding it to his ear like a phone.

Again, not the world’s best commercials but they’ve both stuck with me and still make me smile.

It’s the Stroh’s beer commercial, with Alex the dog. The punch line is “Alex - you better be drinking your water!” I can’t find it.

That, or the Coke commercial from the 60’s with the little kid being mugged by puppies.

Regards,
Shodan

Fine, warfare escalation time –

Language Academy:

XBOX 360:

I always enjoyed this one.

This one is pretty cool.

For some reason, the Levi’s commercial that Spike Jonze directed is the one I always think of when this comes up. You know, the one where they sing “Tainted Love”.

I do love the “Boom-de-Yada” one from Discovery Channel.

Here are two of my all-time faves:

Charlie Sheen for VISA

Outpost.com

Man, that second one still makes me LOL.

Not quite - it’s two continuous shots. There’s an invisible cut where the wheels roll up one side of the teeter-toter and down the other side. Still amazing, though.

I have heard that the best commercial jingle was one that couldn’t be aired.

“Carnation Milk is the best in the land,
Here I sit with a can in my hand.
No tits to pull, no hay to pitch,
Just punch a hole in the son-of-a-bitch!”

It’s funny, but it was never suggested as an actual jingle. Snopes has a page on it.

Checking back

• Screw you, your kinfolk, Discovery, and everyone else associated with the old camping song it’s based off of. It’s in my head and it won’t leave!

I… I think I’m going to go pick flowers and give them to orphans now.

Everybody just loves children! Aren’t they so cute and cuddly?

According to the Wikipedia article, the cut is where the muffler rolls across the floor (perhaps because the studio wasn’t wide enough for the whole sequence). Also, didn’t they weigh down that wheel so it would roll uphill?

As for the OP, how about the Coca-Cola “Hilltop” commercial featuring the song “I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing (In Perfect Harmony)”?

This has been my favorite since it aired some 10 years ago.