Best name EVER

Do you ever find yourself wondering, late at night, whilst the world sleeps, what is truly the greatest name of any soul in the history of the world?

Wonder no longer.

Actually, I’m going to make you wait for it a little bit. First, let me announce the runners-up: Vratislav Eusebius von Pernstein and Wolfram Martini.

But now, the winner is…

(drumroll)

Dodo zu Innhausen und Knyphausen!!!

:eek:

All right. Anyone know of a better name than that? Got any other remarkable names to share?

I don’t think anything can beat four-time World’s Strongest Man champion Magnús Ver Magnússon.

Football player Sonny Sixkiller.
Local realtor Husk Penzo.

Max Power

Van Lingle Mungo

Astrida Penis

(Pronounced “astride a penis”)

Madagascar’s most popular singer for the past 30 years, Josée Helihanta Ramahavalisoa, doesn’t like her real name, and prefers her stage name “Poopy”.

I’d have to go with someone who was at my college: Thankful Vanderstar.

I always go with the regular go-to: NFL player Fair Hooker.

Baldassare Galuppi.

Fly Fornication and Be Upright Before the Lord Jones.

These are all good efforts. However they don’t compare to:

Leone Sextus Denys Oswolf Fraudatifilius Tollemache-Tollemache de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemache.

Thank you. That is all.

No poems about him are there?

I can think of a couple of Bond Girls:

Pussy Galore - Honor Blackman - https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZeiiX4x833q2Or5qEXAilCCjZjlRT0sKWSjDYY9Y5_irnWxMagg

Honey Rider - Ursula Andress - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/Ursula_Andress_in_Dr._No.jpg

What about Hugh Jorgensen?

According to Cracked, the Nine Manliest Names in the World (some of which have been mentioned upthread) are:

9. Lance Armstrong
8. Powers Boothe
7. Max Planck
6. Commander Flex Plexico
5. Dr. Duncan Steel
4. Stirling Mortlock
3. Magnus Ver Magnusson
2. Dick Pound
**1. Staff Sgt. Max Fightmaster

**Hard to argue with any of these, and they’re all real.

Storm Killer

I have met this man.

Batman bin Suparman, who ironically turned out to be a villain.

The inmate who beat up Jared Fogle last week is named Stephen Nigg.

There’s an elephant in Zambia named Wonky Tusk. When I first read about her, I briefly contemplated changing my own name to Wonky Tusk.

In real life, there was a basketball player named God Shammgod.

In fiction, the best I’ve seen is Hieronymus Thistlewaite by David Weber.

In non-human, the “Boaty McBoatface” campaign for the RN vessel is in the running.