Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all

Yeah right! Fuck you Saint Augustine. Your pretty boy ass probably never lost.

Um… Taco.

Curious.

Small consolation to someone who has recently lost. Also, a good way to get your nose punched.

It sucks, but I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment.

Isn’t that like saying: “Better to have driven off a cliff, than never to have been in a car.”
:slight_smile:

Someone here (can’t remember who) share this wisdom with me…:

Better to have loved and lost than to have spent the rest of your life with that fucking lunatic.

Hah!

Depends on the car. :wink:

Here’s hoping Amp’s ex is a Yugo.

I actually think this minor exchange from Men in Black covered it pretty well.

J: Well, better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, right?
K: Try it.

“It’s better to have loved and lost your house, a car, and half your check for 20 years than to never have loved at all” I think is the entire quote.

Bad break up or death in the family?

My cat’s breath smells like cat ass.

Yes, actually, yes he did. Several times. He knew what the fuck he was talking about, believe you me.

Don’t talk trash about the dude who said “Make me chaste, oh lord, but not now.”

The man was a saint, you hear me? A saint!!

Nice guys finish last?

Why do chicks dig bad boys?

There has to be a backstory in here.

Augie didn’t like women very much–and didn’t he revile the bodily lusts or some such nonsense?

Methinks he made it up to make losing sound good.

Hmm–he is something of a spin doctor!

As much as I would love to hijack this thread even further about the life of Augustine…aw fuck it, it’s too late. To make a long story short, Augustine was a serious player in his youth. He always had concubines, one of whom he lived with in sin for over two years. He is quite candid about the pain he felt when he had to send her away.

So, he wasn’t a spin doctor, he was an emo rock singer?

Oh, and Amp, what’s the deal with the op (the rest of the story)? C’mon, we need to know so we can either console you or beat you. Please?