Biden campaign bus, cars driven by staffers attacked on highway

A Biden campaign bus, and cars driven by other campaign staffers, were attacked on a freeway in Texas by a group of cars flying Trump 2020 flags. There’s a video in the link.

Every time I think things are as bad as they can possibly get, they get worse…

Non-paywalled version (fu NYT). Here’s another.

Antifa, OK? Antifa is dangerous. These Trump supporters were obviously just good old boys having a little fun. The Biden bus should have just lied back and enjoyed it.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/video-caravan-of-trump-supporters-follows-biden-bus-in-texas/

A quote from this article in LawEnforcementToday.

DALLAS, TX – On October 28th, the Biden campaign kicked off a bus-tour of the state of Texas in an effort to get folks on board for a Biden/Harris ticket in November. Instead, the Biden bus was trolled by a line of numerous vehicles hosting Pro-Trump flags and signs.

Needless to say, the optics were kind of funny.

I guess that’s why, despite repeated calls to 911, police refused to respond. Looks like the fuckers in blue are loyal to their master rather than the citizens they serve.

More video of the incident.

Wow. Just… wow.

I suspect most of the local cops were otherwise occupied, driving those Trump trucks.

Some reports I read mentioned one cop on the scene who said “Not my jurisdiction”.

Some reports I read mentioned cops were outnumbered by Trump Truckers 50:1.

All I saw there was the same video plus a guy reading a twitter feed.

As near as I can tell, there’s no video that shows anyone trying to force the campaign bus off the road, as the NYT headline implies. The only video posted I’ve seen shows a trump-flag-flying truck nudge (very unsafely) a sedan trailing the bus. Which is plenty alarming. Just trying to get a bead on what happened exactly.

Comeon, guys. It’s just one count of vehicular manslaughter. Practically a prank.

Did you see the video Trump himself posted, with the tagline"I LOVE TEXAS"?

What do you think would happen if a bunch of armed black men (wait, we already know how this story ends) surrounded a Trump bus while flying Biden flags (or, the good lord forbid, BLM flags)?

Before that nudge it appears to me that a pickup also nudged the bus up near it’s left front wheel. If he didn’t hit it, it sure was close. These fuckers belong in jail. We can see license plates and identify vehicles.

Encouragement of violence by the president results in violence by his supporters. Film at 11.

The CNN story reads, “Staffers on the bus called 911, which eventually led to local law enforcement assisting the bus to its destination.”

This is the most depressing story in a month. If there was any contact between vehicles, or any attempt to divert the Biden cars, then there needs to be arrests!

When Trump loses next week, his supporters will really lose their shit.

And Trump will egg them on like he has been doing. All because he want’s adulation, and fears prosecution. The man is a traitor to the ideals of the USA. If NBC hadn’t canceled his stupid show, we wouldn’t be in this mess.

The GOP is a violent white nationalist movement.

You know, I should call this trolling except I agree with it.

We have many, many examples like this of the GOP using violence to suppress voting and disrupt the democratic process.

Despite the abundance of evidence, my Trump-supporting friends deny that anything inappropriate happened. And, even if it did happen, what the liberals have done is worse.

This strikes at my heart. This is not some far-off land. This is my home. I drive on Interstate 35 all the time. My wife is from New Braunfels, where some of the video was shot. I am from Austin. In fact, I’ll be driving a (not a campaign) bus on this very stretch of I-35 tomorrow morning. This is my home.

If I lived in that area, I’d be worried about showing Biden/Harris bumper stickers, yard signs, etc at this point. I don’t know if I’d take them down but this footage would be on my mind whenever I’m driving down that road.

I’m hoping that these are the desperate acts of a movement that knows it has been beat. But I’m not confident in that at all.

Just … FUCKING HELL.