Bigoted Jackass is One of the Few, the Proud...

:dubious:

I think he honestly believes that non-white people can’t understand long words.

“Polychromatics”?

I haven’t seen too many people that much dumber.

Well, I can easily believe that anyone at a Trump supporters’ rally who expresses a dissenting opinion is likely going to get shoved and abused, if not worse.

But I’ve been to rallies for other causes where dissenters and counter-protesters expressed dissenting opinion and were not shoved, or otherwise criminally assaulted.

I don’t think we should accept assault as a default norm of rally behavior just because Trump supporters do it.

You imagined that calling non-white people “dumb polychromatics” and suggesting that they can be cowed by exposure to “soap and water” would not sound racist? :dubious:

Sounds like a classic example of “Schroedinger’s racism”: “if you agree with me then I meant it seriously, but if you don’t then I was just kidding/didn’t mean it to sound like that”.

Nitpick: he was a delayed entry recruit, so he hadn’t earned the title of Marine yet. I can’t imagine he would’ve made it through til the end anyway; glad they didn’t have to waste any money on him.

Bigger question- how did the recruiter miss this guy’s proclivities PRIOR to accepting him as a recruit? They’re not pushing numbers as hard now that everyone is drawing down, so there isn’t the desperate acceptance of all comers. I can’t imagine a cursory glance of his internet presence wouldn’t have uncovered inappropriate behavior before the rally incident.

As Trump encourages it.

The silver lining…

several activists who were punched, kicked and shoved by Trump supporters communicated that they have already started the process of filing these charges — potentially including some against Trump himself for creating and fostering such a hateful and unsafe environment.

Wouldn’t that be somethin’. :wink:

Especially since Hillary herself pulled some strings to have him shitcanned!
Note: Probably not a fact. Just throwing it out there to see if some CT moron picks it up and runs with it. :smiley:

Im pretty sure that line didn’t so much ‘sound racist’, as just plain was racist.

Right. The notion that you have to watch what you say because of the threat of physical violence is NOT acceptable. Trump has even said things like “I’d want to punch his face” or “It’s 10 degrees outside, throw him out but keep his coat!” when demanding people be kicked out of his events.

The sad part? The fool’s going to go for the rest of his life thinking he did nothing wrong and resenting that his joining the Marines was ruined by others calling attention to his misconduct, not by the misconduct.

Good point. You’re not a Marine until they have made you one.

He enlisted into the USMC. That means that he was a service member in that particular branch. That makes him a Marine, albeit one in the DEP. The “hoo rah” stuff (“hasn’t earned the title yet”, etc.) might be good for morale, but facts is facts.

This is the break the McCain campaign has been waiting for!

Hello Jim Crow.

From the Marine Corp. website.

Additionally, the DoD does not consider DERs service members; they aren’t eligible for any benefits, are not getting paid, and they haven’t taken the final Oath of Enlistment. So even if you don’t believe the above direct link, you can certainly bet that the DoD didn’t claim him yet.

(cite: I live with a Marine and work on a government contract that provides benefits to service members- DERs are excluded from our eligible clientele)

DEP members aren’t eligible for benefits because they haven’t served the active duty period required to receive such. They have, though, enlisted, and are therefore members of the branch into which they’re enlisted.

And yet someone else brought a citation saying otherwise, from the actual website of the organization in question.

Don’t act like one of those more annoying GD posters who ignore evidence.

I was beng somewhat ironic about the “they make you one” philosophy. Sorry if too dry. Will roll my eyes next time.

Though coming down to practical reality: to the lay observer, a DEP member, even though contractually committed to start serving by a certain date, is not yet even a trainee – however yes, a raw trainee/recruit IS a member of the service upon reporting in even if s/he has not yet “earned the title”: they get paid for it and are under the chain of command’s authority.

Many moons ago I was in the delay entry program, and did not ever go to basic training because I changed my mind. I have never been a member of the military, and was never enlisted, you are simply not correct.