Bo Hopkins died at 80 or 84 (Wild Bunch, American Graffiti)

Bo didn’t do a lot of tv. Did 4 episodes of Rockford Files and 18 episodes of Dynasty.

His Best known films are Sam Peckinpah’s The Wild Bunch, The Getaway and American Graffiti.

Bo worked with major stars like William Holden, Ernest Borgnine,Steve McQueen.

His last film was in 2020.

Most articles say Bo was 80. Imdb claims 84. Bo joined the army at 16 and probably used a alternate birth date. Bo was in the 101st Airborne Division and served in Korea for nine months.

RIP Bo and thank you for all the great movies

I always wanted to be a Pharao.* :frowning:

*Pronounced “Fay-ro.”

RIP, Bo.

I plan to rewatch American Graffiti later this week.

I need to check my dvds. I think I have season 5 of Rockford. I looked it up and Bo played a lawyer that worked with Rockford. It was only a few episodes.

I always wondered why Bo didn’t get his own series. He had all the leading man qualities.

I love his character in American Graffiti; a gangster trying to look more dangerous than he really was.
“Toby Juarez? Yeah, we know him……we killed him last night”

Seeing what happened to him in More American Graffiti was a real punch in the gut. :frowning:

I don’t remember. What happened?

Killed in Vietnam. He took a round in the chest while a machine gunner in a Huey helicopter.

Toad was listed as MIA because he deserted. We never found out if he survived the war.

Yup, sad. Thanks.

The first I’ve ever heard of him was seeing him play Lavrenti Beria, the head of the NKVD during the Stalin years in the film ‘The Inner Circle’.

He presence was so casually menacing.

Bo was really good playing bad guys. He got killed in several movies.

Site: Bo Hopkins, ‘Wild Bunch’ and ‘American Graffiti’ Actor, Dies at 84

“You seem like a nice guy, Billy. I really do feel sorry for you. But if you still try anything or try to run away again, I’ll blow your fucking brains out!”

Everyone from Midnight Express is now gone but Randy Quaid.