Bonematter, you're an annoying fuckwit.

He’s quite a piece of work all right. I prefer these parts:

Same old arguments - atheists are driven by fear and they would believe if only they’d open their eyes. Life would be great if everyone believed (Spanish inquisition, anybody?). And the classic “I’m not judging you, *God *is judging you”, aka “I’m not an asshole, *God *is an asshole”.

Plus his spelling, grammar, and logic are all atrocious. No wonder **kanicbird **likes him.

Well, he’s got his witnessing in the right place, at least. Since, apparently, he must.

Oakminster, don’t you have anything better to do than go into Great Debate threads where somebody’s asking questions that at least they think are interesting and would like to see discussed?

Just curious now. Does bonematter have some kind of religious objection to the use of punctuation?

Religious people are quiet now? Fucking hallelujah! This is truly a momentous occasion. I’d even say it’s a Christmas miracle.

(I’d have called it a holiday miracle, but I was so used to the old days when Christians would start yelling at you for insufficient validating their religion.)

I generally hope, with a vague sense of good will, that people don’t die. I really don’t want any famous atheists to die for quite a while. Need a break.

I do agree that he is a particularly retarded god-botherer, but that makes him so amusing. I mean, who couldn’t be fascinated to find out how the gotchaya trap will be sprung when given the premise of Jesus vs. The best blowjob ever?

The problem is, of course, that contrary to popular belief, there is such a thing as a stupid question. These very definitely belong to that group.

“It’s a simple question, doctor! If the moon was made of ribs, would you eat it?”

Could God give Jesus a blow job SO good that Jesus could not refrain from cumming?

I find the claim by people like Bonematter that atheists are being close-minded or afraid by not drinking the Christ-flavored flavored amusing.

One could counter that claim by inviting the Bonematter types to be similarly open to Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Ba’Ha’i, $cientology or any other of the other religions.

But they seem immune to the asymmetry of their offer.

Then again, those on the “wrong” side of the Old Reformed Storm God can’t catch a break. They’re being set up in The Garden, pogromed by order of God because they lived on land promised to Abraham, they were the first family of Job, they were nailed because God hardened Pharoah’s heart to prove a point…

Don’t even start me on the notion of the messiah proper as specified in the Judaic tradition versus the decidedly different Christian model.

Then there’s his incompetencies in both theology and science as a

So fuck Bonematter and his false dichotomies.

I find the claim by people like Bonematter that atheists are being close-minded or afraid by not drinking the Christ-flavored flavored amusing.

One could counter that claim by inviting the Bonematter types to be similarly open to Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Ba’Ha’i, $cientology or any other of the other religions.

But they seem immune to the asymmetry of their offer.

Then again, those on the “wrong” side of the Old Reformed Storm God can’t catch a break. They’re being set up in The Garden, pogromed by order of God because they lived on land promised to Abraham, they were the first family of Job, they were nailed because God hardened Pharoah’s heart to prove a point…

Don’t even start me on the notion of the messiah proper as specified in the Judaic tradition versus the decidedly different Christian model.

Then there’s his incompetencies in both theology and science as demonstrated by his idiotic challenges.

So fuck Bonematter and his false dichotomies.

{Checks the boxes} - Yup, I think you hit every possible taboo. :smiley:

See, people learn by challenging their own assumptions.

How does what I believe stand up to what others believe.

False dichotomies are omnipresent. That someone asks how other people look at these situations and philosophical questions is not itself a fallacy.

Of course, people also learn by being beaten down and berated in a public forum, so carry on. (What they learn is another matter all together.)

And think of how much more credibility Christianity would have if Christians actually followed the teachings of Jesus Christ instead of just giving them lip service.

Start there

He hasn’t posted again in either thread. We may be waiting a while.

There’s a sharp distinction between hating an arguably entirely fictitious carpenter of Judean residency and in not buying into the supernatural messiah baggage.

Then again, an objective reading of the Olde Tyme Adventures of a Storm God could well yield negative impressions of said storm god.

I think you misunderstood the terms of Bonematter’s first thread. It’s either/or.

God’s spelling, grammar, and logic are atrocious?! Now its finally started to make sense why life doesnt make sense. A god with poor spelling, grammar, and logic probably isn’t going to come up with a terribly wiz-bang good sorta universe now are they? Instead you get the crap universe we have to suffer in.

I always thought there was something fundamentally wrong with the Universe.