Boner gone missing!

Not to lose sight of the fact that his family and friends are deeply concerned for his welfare - but yes, in a different scenario, if you’re a male, boner jokes are hilarious, if you retain a sufficiently juvenile mindset.

I am male and I often do find boner jokes pretty damned funny… Just doesn’t sit well with me with this scenario.

No problem. I understand.

Checks username. Checks post.

:smiley:

Sadly, it seems this particular story has no happy ending.

Wow. Sad to hear it.

:frowning:

That’s so sad. Poor guy. I feel for his family.

That sucks. :confused:

Johnny [del]coc[/del]Cochrane? :smiley:

He’s dead, Jim.

I agree with my daughter who, when she found out Andrew was most likely dead cried, “Boner!!?? Why not Kirk???”

Mean sure but honest.

Updated article says he took his own life. Sad story.

I wonder if he used his own gun, or Chekov’s Gun?

It’s very sad, any way you look at it.

Cameron, rather than Captain, I assume. we need a grim-humor smiley

I was wondering that myself!

Sad to hear about his passing.

Depression is so often overlooked. I’ve lost several friends who took their own lives very much by surprise.

I also doubt that he only appeared in 25 episodes of “Growing Pains”. I think IMDB’s tally of his appearances must be off.

Here is the video of Walter Koenig talking about it. It’s hard to watch.

My son took his own life.

All joking aside, this is very sad news. I watched the video and Walter Koenig sounded very devastated. I never really watched “Growing Pains,” so I wasn’t familiar with Andew Koenig, but as a "Star Trek’ fan for nearly half a century now, I am very familiar with Walter. My heart goes out to his family.

Slammed me right back to my sister’s suicide 20 years ago. I truly believe that losing a child is one of the worst things that can happen to a parent, and it doesn’t matter how old the child is. I’m glad he and his wife could hold it together for the press conference but boy you can just feel the pain rolling off him.

Pain, confusion, regret. I don’t think they are responsible, but I’m sure they can’t help but wonder what they could have done throughout his life to stop this. I hope they can see that in the years that come.