Boys & Girls: What's your type?

First an aside, do you have to be a member a certain length of time or meet a number of posts before being called a doper? :slight_smile:

I’m a new member so I want to know:

1. DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF

Nerdy OR
Cool

1. PEOPLE SEE YOU AS

Nerdy OR
Cool

1. YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO PEOPLE WHO ARE

Nerdy OR
Cool

One or the other, only. Okay to use adverbs to be more specific.

Am I a nerd for asking this question?? :smiley:

Yes, you are, but ANYHOOO… :slight_smile:

As you already know, I am cool, others think I’m cool, but in a nerdy way, and I’m attracted to cool people who have the ability to be nerdy.

1: Dorky :smiley:
2: Nerdy
3: Someone who’s cool in a nerdy way.

Nerdy. Nerdy. Bi-nerdual. (Tom is both ^_^)

1. Nerdily Cool
  2. Nerdy.
  3. Nerdy.

Nerdy to the 3rd power here.

To quote the Bare Naked Ladies:

I’m so cool, too bad I’m a looser…

1. Nerdy
  2. Nerdy
  3. Cool but they have to have nerd cred else we’ll have nothing in common :wink:

Dont know about cool, but perhaps somewhat chilly

1. On the cool side of nerdy, or the nerdy side of cool.
  2. Probably more nerdy these days than I would like to admit (I work in IT and I’m a regular contributor to a message board, for example).
  3. More cool than nerdy, but not entirely unnerdy.

AAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Sorry, pet peeve

:wink:

Barry

1. Nerdy, definitely

2. Nerdy, too.

3. Nerdy though that’s not the deciding factor - sweet & sexy spring to mind as two important ones. and yes, nerdiness can be sexy.

Other than that - don’t worry about it. People who try to hard to be cool are a nuisance. Pathetic, really.

1. DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF

A cool nerd :wink:

1. PEOPLE SEE YOU AS

Cool (My appearance is always deceiving, though. I’ve surprised many people :smiley: "You spend * how * much time online?! )

1. YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO PEOPLE WHO ARE

Nerdy - but a bit of coolage is necessary

I’m me. I refuse to conform to fit in another’s pidgeonhole

You’re forgetting that people who are sufficiently “nerdy” or “freaky” don’t care about that; they see themselves as cool and look down on people who aren’t in on their jokes.
I don’t consider the choices binary because there are many more options. I am who I am, not a type, and I’m attracted to who I am, not to types.

But I’m sure people see me as nerdy. That’s their problem. :stuck_out_tongue:

My apologies. :slight_smile: I try to shake myself lose of that spelling error, but sometimes when I’m not thinking it creeps up on me. :smiley:

I think godzilla just hit the lead in the Nerdy Stakes.

:smiley:

To the “I’m me” and “I’m more than that” folks, please just lighten up! Yeesh. We all know you are multi-faceted, complex and non-binary. If I wanted responses like that, I would’ve posted in GD. 'K? :wink:

Love all you nerds out there! :smiley:

1. Very Cool

2. Extra-Super Cool[sup]TM[/sup]

3. Cool

D&R

There is sooooooo much between “nerd” and “cool” that it’s hard to find anyone who fits either group. But…

1. I’m more nerd. Funny, artsy, smart, clever, entertaining, laid-back, dorky nerd.

2. People see me as more nerd than cool

3. I’m attracted to more cool. Not arrogant, pretentious, shallow cool, but rather funny laid-back smart good-taste-in-movies-and-music cool.