Brag about your good grades for this semester - again!

Eh. Did about as well as I thought I’d do at the beginning of the semester, and about as well as I thought I’d do a week or two ago (in b/w then, though…).

B in art history, A in bio 2 and A in British Lit 2. GPA’s a 3.4x, which is nothing to write home about, but this summer’s bird math (stats and precal) should up that a touch. There wasn’t much else to take this semester (due to some difficulty communicating between RI and VA, my math stuff didn’t get sent down here until a few months ago, so I can’t get math taken care of until the summer), but it worked out well because that gave me more time to tutor other folks.

How does this work? I assume you are studying somewhere in England (I study in Glasgow) and was under the impression that you got letter grades and eventually graduated with a 2.1 or whatever at all (or most at least) uni’s in the UK. I haven’t really investigated this any furthur because I don’t really care much about grades in the first place, but I’m still curious…

If I were to hazard a guess from what I understand, a 1.1 would be an A+, a 1.2 an A, and a 1.3 an A-, then 2.1 for B+ etc…

We don’t get any letter grades. It’s all numbers. It goes -

a first
a third
fail

so a first would be like an A, I suppose.

Thanks. Now I know what I’m aiming for in two years and what other people mean when they say what they graduated with. I always just pretended to understand and assumed that they had done well if they were telling me what they got…

Anyway, good luck with your exams if you still have any left…

Thanks. But I don’t do exams on my course. Yay! :smiley:

I just checked online to see if any grades were posted, and I got an A, as hoped, in abnormal psych! Yay!! The amazing thing is I just took that final last night and the grades are in today. Hot damn. Yay me! More to come as the grades roll in…

On a scale of 1.0 - 5.0 (5.0 = failed, passed otherwise, the lower the better):

Computational linguistics: 1.0 (Best in my year :smiley: )
Mathematical foundations of comp. linguistics I / Logic : 1.0
Introduction to general linguistics: 3.7 (Well, a little accident :frowning: )

I attended “Computer Science I” as well, but I didn’t take an exam because I have an old certificate from my CS days in 2001.

I’m still waiting on one grade (Eng), but so far:

B (math)
A
A
A
?? (Eng)

Got another two, B+ in Human Behavior and B+ in Methods of Social Research. I thought I’d only get a B in that last one, so woohoo! I just need one more grade and I know that prof isn’t gonna put it in till forever. I think he secretly likes for us to suffer.

My grades were posted yesterday. I got As in Broadcast Writing (an A in that course is the equivalent of professional-quality work), Media Writing (big surprise, this is the course where the prof went MIA most of the semester), and World Civilization II. I got a B in Intro to Political Science, which is good because the course was a bitch, and a B- in Spanish 102. I’m taking Spanish 103 pass-fail because my professor is not as forgiving as my 102 prof was.

My average for this semester was a 3.54, and my cumulative average is a 3.7something. Next semester will be easier.

Robin

Can I brag for Alias? She got over a hundred percent in her English class this semester - I don’t remember what it was exactly, but it was something like 100.7%. Most impressive. Hurray for Alias!

My last grade is in - a B in English. I am thrilled with that B, it was a writing course and an honors class to boot. I had been getting Cs on my essays (not having written anything other than posts online in the 20 years since I graduated from high school) and I was struggling with staying focused in my writings. Whoo-hoo! Final tally - 2 Bs, 3 As. I start summer classes next Monday!