Breaking news - Shooting at Synagogue in Pittsburgh

It looks like Hoft is actually correct for once. This guy is so crazy he thinks Trump isn’t a nationalist…

This is some sick stuff.

FYI - GAB is a place where Nazis who are too Nazi for twitter go when they are banned. If you have an account on GAB, you’re a Nazi and proud of it. As soon as I saw that, the story is an easy one to piece together.

It’s such a terrible morning for our country. I’m too shocked to say very much. The US has always been a safe place for the Jewish people.

This kind of hate doesn’t define us. We’re better than this.

I hope the Pittsburgh area comes together in complete support of this Synagogue.

Placing an armed guard in every building in America is his jobs program.

This guy shot four policemen.

That used to be true, but things have changed.

Vice President Pence is on the air praying for them now. That and suggesting armed guards everywhere is about all the extent of the White House response we can expect to see.

This is a breaking news thread about a tragedy. I want it to remain apolitical. If you can’t keep it so bad things will happen.

I hope that’s clear.

Yeah, keep on believing fantasies and then you can be surprised when they turn out not to be true: I’m pretty sure Leo Frank would disagree with you.

It looks like the bastard might be from my neck of the woods. Jesus Christ.

And the current buffoon in the White House isn’t aware that not only are weapons not permitted in synagogues, but it’s also forbidden to be armed on the Sabbath. Dumbass.

This is a truly wonderful aspirational goal, but it doesn’t represent our actual history.

Been there a few times for cross-ecumenical things and things for friends who were/are members there. Any time any anyone is attacked it hurts but when it strikes this close to home the pain is deeper faster.

Actually some around here have been having armed police on hand for at least some high holy days. I believe it started after the attack in Carnegie ages ago but I’m not positive about that.

It isn’t clear to me at all, actually. But I will play it safe by discussing this act of political violence in some other place.

Removed for political content

Then let me be clear.

MPSIMS is the place for breaking news events. Commentary and opinion belong elsewhere. Either GD or the Pit, depending on your level of vitriol.

So opinions aren’t allowed, or just political opinions? I understand wanting to avoid a hijack and sniping, but I thought opinion was allowed as long as it was civil.

Please review the above rule for guidelines. If you wish further guidance, I would suggest opening a new thread in ATMB.

Trump is strongly condemning this horrific act. It’s not surprising. His daughter has converted to Judaism and his grandkids are being raised in the faith. This hits home hard for him and many other Americans.

A pit thread for those who want to spit about it.

Death toll to 11 now.