[QUOTE=Enginerd]
I said I’d take statistics over a fan’s evaluation. IMO, you think Grossman’s better than he is because you want him to be a good QB - that’s the same reason I defended Kyle Boller’s playing for as long as I did. I wanted him to be a good quarterback and lead the Ravens into the playoffs for the next ten years. He’s not going to do that.
That doesn’t mean I’ll ignore game observations or intangibles at all - I’ll certainly consider them. I will go with the numbers if I think the observations are biased, though. I haven’t heard anybody who doesn’t have an emotional stake in the Bears’ performance say that they think Grossman will be a good quarterback.
[/QUOTE]
Bengals fan, don’t care about the Bears.
I did watch Grossman in college, when Florida was running roughshod over most of the SEC. I said then that he was going to be a great QB, because he had the Brett Favre “gunslinger” mentality and one hell of an arm. I thought the Bears made a good move in drafting him, and I’m still not sure he won’t turn out to be a good QB. The injuries have stunted his development quite a bit, and he needs to stay healthy if he’s going to do anything.