British supremacist nonsense

Oh yeah? Look how long it took Jamie Farr to get listed in the title credits on MASH. For years, he was stuck in the end credits.

Yeah, we of British heritage have actually wiped out all the Greeks, Italians, Vietnamese, Lebanese, Chinese etc as they have arrived here. We have cardboard cutouts we put in their places and so far no one has noticed. Of course, we get them to teach us how to cook their cuisine first so that we can open restaurants of a variety of faux ethnicities.

One of the main reasons we do this is that we can’t stand people who are unable to read for comprehension. You wouldn’t last a moment, mister nyx, I’d suggest you stay well away.

Yeah, fuckin’ Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Orlando Bloom, Colin Farrell, Rupert Graves, Christian Bale… repulsivos, every one of 'em. Or if you’re talking just about Anglo-Australians here, Russell Crowe (born in NZ but identifies as Australian), Guy Pearce, Eric Bana, and this unpopular Hugh Jackman fellow all seem to be considered bits of all right.

This last sentence is totally true. Ever notice how Leo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, and Robert Redford are never cast as hero types? WTF is up with that anti-Aryan crap?

An open invitation: David Wenham can set any part of his body he likes in this American.

(Sorry. But oh my God. The man is beautiful. Mmmmmm. David Wenham…)

Seriously I don’t have a doubt that you’ve experienced racism, but just not done a hot job of enumerating your instances. Now indiginous Australians – those we definitely don’t see nearly often enough over here.

And you can keep your filthy Yankee mitts off’ve Mister Wenham thankyewverymuch.

He’s mine. :smiley:

I’m Australian; half of my heritage is of the Anglo variety and the other half is eastern European. So I’m white on both counts, though culturally I’m a little from column A and a little from column B.

IMHO, Anglos aren’t the problem–southern cross tattoo’d bogans are. They’re extremely ignorant and narrow-minded. Some of the migrant groups from the last thirty years don’t seem particularly interested in integration, either, and the clash of cultures is raising tensions. The post-war immigrants eventually integrated, so maybe time will tell, but I think the mix of white bogans and culturally intolerant migrants living together may drag the process out somewhat.

Very well said, I would also add I am of a similar racial background so get the whole intolerance on both sides.

Funny Eric Bana’s dad is Croatian and his mum German so the case that Aussies don’t accept people of continental Europe as Aussies is dumb. The rest fair enough pretty anglo bunch.

If you xl at sport, any sport, the Aussies will worship you no matter the color of your skin, for sport is the real religion of Australians.

Also of course if you are a movie star: they adopted Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson, hmm… forget the latter, for I think he isn’t the flavour of the month anymore :rolleyes:

Unless your name is Daniel Koum who could have been British, white, blonde, blue eyed and a direct descendant of someone who came out with the first fleet but is now about to discover what it is to be the the opposite of “worshipped” :wink:

Weightlifters don’t count…everybody knows they’re always furriners. :wink:

some ‘gods’ have feet of clay :slight_smile:

you mean ‘wogs’ :wink:

If the worst you have ever been called is a “Leb” or “wog” you are indeed a whinging bastard. It will get far worse when you finish school.

Religions are about as stupid as religious intolerance, i.e. pretty darn stupid.

You don’t sound very tolerant.

I respect absolutely everyone’s right to practice their religion, to the extent it doesn’t negatively infringe on other’s. That does not mean I have to respect their choice. I think that makes me very tolerant, unlike most religions.

You don’t sound very tolerant.

I tolerate religions I believe to be stupid. I tolerate religions I believe to be intolerant. Therefore I am tolerant. QED.

Well the OP’s complaint about disrespect for religion would be a whole lot more credible if it wasn’t immediately followed by the OP informing us that s/he doesn’t give “a rat’s behind” about the worldviews of certain other people and (in an informative display of closed mindedness) “never will”.

I have no doubt that the OP suffers from ethnic intolerance and that is regrettable. However, the OP doesn’t do him/herself any favours by ranting in a closed minded, intolerant and factually bereft fashion.

Fair 'nuff.