Britney Spears: fuckin' fashion GENIUS!

I DID THIS FIRST!

Where’s my royalties? I was wearing tube socks on my arms years ago. I used to work in a greenhouse and cut roses. It was too hot to wear leather, so I cut the feet off socks and slipped them on my arms to protect from thorns. I still got scratched up, but not as bad as I did when I went in bare-armed. Oh yeah, I felt really cute wearing socks on my arms. Especially after they got all snagged up and dirty. Fuck you Britney, I’m cooler than you, you COPYCAT!

Hey, cut the lady some slack, some of us are just less fortunate. When I was a kid, we were dirt poor and sometimes there just wasn’t money for gloves or mittens so we wore a couple of pairs of socks on our hands to play in the snow.

Just because someone’s poor and can’t afford real gloves is no reason to … ummm, probably not the same, huh?

Never mind, carry on. Just don’t ever let me catch you picking on poor kids wearing socks on their hands!

<Walks away with head held high, in spite of everybody snickering>

I think Britney is hot. I don’t give a crap WHAT she wears, as long as she doesn’t wear too much of it.
:slight_smile:

Love thoise initials eh?
Wouldn’t it be great if her middle name was Jean
BJs

Socks? I never noticed the sock on her arm because I was too busy wondering who’s 3 year old she stole her shirt from?

I sometimes put socks on my hands when I play with my cat, Misty. Misty is adorable, but she likes to grab at my hands and bite them…ouch! So, I’ll put some socks on one of my arm and let her chew and claw to her heart’s content.

Her middle name is Jean

Ladies and gentlemen, we have what is quite possibly the most aptly initialed singing star of all time. :slight_smile:

I’m really disgusted that I was forced to visit her homepage in search of that info, but it was worth it: here is a wonderful computer animated Britney thing. It looks like Starvin’ Marvin on crack. Check it out, if you dare to click! Someone please tell me what’s up with the codpiece she’s wearing in that pick. I betcha in a few weeks, little girls everywhere will be asking for codpieces for their birthday.

Unfortunately the link seems to freeze the new window it opens. Am I right in understanding that she cut off the end of a tube sock and wore it like a smelly opera glove? Or did she tie it around her arm like an armband?

Here’s the depressing bit:

Ryan Colby: “I loved it… It’s a 'Flashdance’y --but more updated – look, a throwback to the '80s.”

Sue Otto: “Right now, the look is preppy, it’s retro sport, or it’s punk,”

Ben: “My project lays important groundwork for the treatment of acute promyelocytic and other leukemias (through retinoic acid receptor,) diabetes and hyperlipidemia (through the peroxisome proliferator activated receptors,) and many other diseases.”

Why do I have the sneaking suspicious that I get paid the least of the three of us?

“Just think, Krusty- you get paid more than all the doctors, teachers, and scientists in the world!”

-Ben

You know what bugs me about the fact that she’s the role model for all those adolescent girls? No, it’s not her whorish demeanor. It’s that the adulation they shower on her seems to have sucked all initiative out of their brains. I was listening to an NPR segment on school career programs for little girls, and the reporter asked a girl if the program had helped her think about what she wanted to do when she grew up. The answer? “I want to be a backup singer for Britney Spears.” Never mind that Britney Spears is unlikely to have the longevity of Madonna or the Rolling Stones- why don’t little girls want to be a singer like Britney herself? Why is their highest aspiration to be a backup singer in the shadow of their idol? I mean, I never wanted to be Carl Sagan’s assistant- I wanted to be as smart as Carl Sagan.
-Ben

RAOTFLMAO!!!

But seriously…if Britney’s going to continue taking fashion ideas from Mrs. Foley’s baby boy I insist-no I DEMAND she show up at her next big performance dressed in sweatpants,a frayed dress shirt/tie,a sweat stained leather mask,an ear and a half and last but not least-her front teeth missing.

hen I want to see her take on the Undertaker in a Hell in the Cell Match.

Anyone else want to see this?Vote here!

And here I thought she was paying homage to the sock puppet dog from the now-defunct pets.com ads.

Super Bowl?

Oh. Football.

Ick.

[bow]
Best damn rant I’ve seen in months. I will follow your future ramblings with interest.
[/bow]

Very funny rant.

I figure BJ finally decided to give props to the REAL voice behind her overmixed songs, Socko. The poor little guy’s been denied for TOO long!

Placing a vote for hardygrrl’s idea

I heard that Britney Spears is enrolling at the University of Georgia and has already purchased a $3,000,000 house near Athens. She has many choices as to whom she can date:

1)Rich racist frat boys.

2)South Georgia racist redneck agricultural students.

3)Transplanted yankee kids from the Atlanta area…lots of goths in this category.

4)Athletes are the most revered group on campus and make up the majority of the African American population in Athens. Lots of dopers in this group.

5)The boy next door. Forget it…they are extinct.

6)The REM drummer. They’re from Athens.

Note to Britney: Keep lots of fuel in your jet if you want a decent date.

Nacho4! Oh my gosh! I’m psychic!I didn’t know.
bjs.
Sure she must’ve ehard that when she was a wee girl and brunette, and non sleazy…
WHats next? Lets predict the next fashion statement she will make.
Hmmm
Underwear on her head! yes!:

Not likely. I subscribe to Elle - imagine my horror when Britney was on the cover last November. Anyway, right there in the article, they explain that she still hasn’t finished her high school equivalency. Somewhere else (Rolling Stone I think) I read about her bitching that “Geometry is so hard!”

(Only the hypocritical fuckwads at Rolling Stone would put her on the cover two times in a year, thus horrifying any true fans and causing a nuclear shift in their target audience, and then make fun of her like they don’t know who she is or something. That’s another rant for another time, though.)

I’m placing my money on ninth grade. That’s when I took geometry. But hey, when she’s cool enough to wear a sock on her arm, she don’t hafta worry none bout her edacashun, now do she?

I never got to geometry, because I’m a math dunce. So don’t knock it!

However, it kills me that she isn’t out of high school yet and has made god knows how much just by prancing around like a little show pony.

However, maybe if she’d spend more time studying, and less time whoring herself out like a little publicity leech, she’d ace it.