Calling all Southern Cal dopers and everyone else

If one can second a question, then I do!:smiley:

Are we to assume that we should make individual reservations at Marie Callenders since you gave us the site?

Well, let’s see - there’s Esprix…uh, two out of three ain’t bad…

There’s ME…uh, no…
There will be Johnny LA…uh…maybe??

And as for reservations at Marie Callendars, please RSVP with cadolphin at dolphin3456@hotmail.com and we’ll make the reservations. The site was simply so you could see (1) where it is and (2) what’s available.

Nametags are being made, so if the Mrs./SO/Chew Toy is coming, please let us know and also let us know how they would care to be referred to on the nametag.

I’ve gotten a few emails asking if LAdope is still on. It sure is!

PARTY PARTY PARTY

We’re starting to make nametags so if you want more then your dope name on it, please email. dolphin3456@hotmail.com

Here’s what we have… if there are any changes please let me know. We’ll make the reservations at the restaurant.

1. bristlesage
  2. Johnny L.A.
  3. Arnold Winkelried
  4. Anamorphic
  5. JavaMaven1
  6. scout1222
  7. Gangster Octopus
  8. Encinitas
  9. Greg Charles
  10. SPOOFE
  11. Ruffian
  12. DeathLlama
  13. CelticCowboy
  14. Esprix
  15. JustPlainBryan
  16. Shayna
  17. Spiny Norman
  18. BraheSilver
  19. Monster104
  20. Mercutio
  21. mrsMercutio
  22. Icarus
  23. nightshadea
  24. Sister Coyote
  25. Possibly Esprix’s chew toy
  26. How could I forget! Fairy Chat Moose
  27. dougie_monty
  28. tjblack
  29. deb2world
  30. ava
  31. High Priestess
  32. Stoid
  33. Edwardina
  34. Rick
  35. Chocolate Kix
  36. David Simmons
  37. Mrs. David Simmons
  38. Lehcar

The vital stats:

When: Saturday, March 8, 2003
Time: 3 PM:
Place: We will meet in front of Page Museum (La Brea Tar Pits)

Museum Parking:

$6.00 with Page Museum validation (Page Museum parking lot only)
$8.00 without Page Museum validation

Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits
5801 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 934-PAGE (7243)

Admission Prices:

Adults: $6.00
Seniors 62 and older and Students with I.D.: $3.50
Children 5-12 years old: $2.00
Members and Children under 5: Free

Hours:

• Monday through Friday, 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
  • Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm

When the Pits close at 5:00pm we will adjourn to:

Marie Callenders

5773 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
TEL (323) 937-7952
Afterwards, you are all free to get together at any local watering hole. As one of this couple is a very very light drinker and the other is not a drinker at all, I’m going to have to pass that part of the planning on to someone else.

Kathy

Oh drat!

I’m triple booked for that weekend. Somethings gotta give and I am afraid it will be the fight against ignorance. Put me down as a no-show.

Sorry.

Ack! Well then I shall bring the pink bunny ears in your memory.

Well goddamit. I was looking forward to having Encinitas doing a repeat performance as my favorite bunny.

Looks like you’re nominated, Scout. Hope you can pull it off. :wink:

I’ll be there. Don’t have time to do my traditional nametags, so I’m glad someone else is.

Esprix

Um…I can’t go. My car broke down (see other thread). Ford sucks @ss.

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make it, either. Turns out I have a family commitment that day (which I’d forgotten) and…well, you know how your family can be when you back out on them.

Or is it only my family?

Esprix, did you decide to bring your chew toy or leave your options open?

If he’s coming, does he want “chew toy”, “boi toi” or something else on his nametag?

Speaking of nametags… oh mighty Maharishi Esprix, the mysticism and spiritual knowledge for successful nametagging does not come naturally to me, your humble servant.

Since you said you are way to busy this LAdope to make the best nametags in all the land, do you have any words of wisdom to make the light shine on some part of the mysteries of this ancient art?

Your most humble servant,
Kathy, name tag maker in training

PS: What I’m saying is if you know it, and we don’t, why the heck should we reinvent the wheel :smiley:

Change my status to “maybe.”

I have two midterms and a big project due the following week; I’m not sure I’ll be able to make it.

Sorry!

one week and counting

:smiley:

I’d like to show up but have a transportation problem. Anyone willing to give me a lift? I’m up in Van Nuys, near Sepulveda and Vanowen.

Freyr, Howdy neighbor! We got you covered then. We’re at Sepulveda and Roscoe. Drop us an email with your phone # and let’s get together. :smiley:

dolphin3456@hotmail.com

Kathy

**Cadolphin wrote:

Freyr, Howdy neighbor! We got you covered then. We’re at Sepulveda and Roscoe. Drop us an email with your phone # and let’s get together.**

Done! Talk with you soon.

My Mom is visiting from AZ. We may pop in for dinner. This is the first I’ve read of the event, so it’s last minute for us. :slight_smile:

If anything falls though the cracks, I’m just up the road in Sylmar. I won’t be there for the pitting, but I intend to make dinner. (Well not make dinner, but arrive in time for)

He can’t make it. Tickets to some tennis tournament. His loss.

Boi Toi would be so upset if I used his name in vain! :wink:

Fine, fine - I’ll e-mail you the file. I just used Avery shipping labels (#5163) that come 2 across and 5 down (2"x4" labels) with a blue stripe across the top (return address instead of the inspid “Hello my name is” crap). Simple enough - you just have to get the names right. :slight_smile:

Esprix

Hey, cool! I’m glad I came across this thread … especially since somehow I’m already on the list of attendees. I guess you needed the big name draw, huh? (My ego has just been laughed down by the more practical parts of my brain, and is now sulking somewhere around my medulla.) Anyway, see you all this weekend! I’m looking forward to it!