Can anyone ID this plastic fastener?

I’m looking for a replacement, so bonus points if you know where to find one. But even if you just know what it’s called, that would help with my search. There’s a little plastic button that goes through clothing, that this piece hooks on to:

That’s a garter fastening. Try searching Amazon. Here’s one example:

50 Pieces 12 mm Garter Belt Straps High Body Shaper Stockings Suspenders Corset Suspenders Clips Suspender Clips Garter Clips Grips Corset Sewing Supplies,

That was from searching for ‘garter fasteners’.

Yeah, “garter clip” seems to be the closest thing to a standard term for that object AFAICT.

Thank you! The garter clips I’m seeing online though have a “button” attached, so that the clip traps the stocking in between the hook part and the button. The one I’m looking for has the “button” pierced through the other piece of clothing, so the hook hangs on it. What’s the proper term for the button?

What are you trying to fasten with these?

Couldn’t you just sew a button of the right size and use that? Or am I missing something?

Well… it’s called a SheWee. It’s a thing to allow ladies to pee while scuba diving in a drysuit. It’s kind of a flexible funnel that straps on to various points on a pair of boxer-briefs, but that whole setup is challenging to get on just right and I want to tinker with it. There’s a more popular alternative called a She-p; it’s smaller and dispenses with the buckles and straps by just being glued right on to your hoo-ha. There is deforestation involved. I want to save my rainforest, so I’m trying to get this other thing to work for me.

I don’t know if a button would work. I’d have to find the right size, and I’d probably need to sew it on in a way that made it loose enough for the buckle to go over, but still firmly attached. I’ll look into it if I can’t find the plastic things, which incidentally look like tiny yo-yos without the string.

It’s just called a button, as in “loop-and-button style garter clip”.

What I would be inclined to do, if you want the loop and button parts separate, would be to order a whole bunch of those fasteners online and take off the button part so you can use it separately.

Yes, you’ll have to think of some way to fasten the detached button securely to the piece of clothing you have in mind.

Elegantly euphemized! Plus the hoo-ha gluing does not sound at all like fun.

My Ford comes with a she-wee in the boot. Some say it’s a funnel to allow filling up with fuel from a can, but it sure looks like a she-wee

Trust your instincts. Ford is probably just equivocating to protect the fragile egos of a certain subset of its male customers.

The automotive she-wees I’ve seen tend to have drain tubes that would put any human male to shame. Length, girth, or sometimes both depending on which fluid is to be poured where.

But they do an excellent job of getting past the outer barrier and penetrating the appropriate orifice.

For those wondering what you are posting about…

From finding a plastic fastener, to discussing the she-wee, to learning about the gas funnel I didn’t even know I had - this thread has it all!!

You can learn so much here on the Dope!