Can I be the only person stunned at just how badly President Joe Biden is doing?

Biden’s approval rating is higher than Trump’s, but what about his TV ratings? I don’t think his last speech was even in prime time; what a loser.

And when did Sleepy Joe last hold a packed rally filled with boos when he suggests folks get vaccinated? SAD!

When did Biden get laughed at by the entire UN?

Only people who want Biden to appear to be doing badly think he’s doing badly.

Individual 1’s last rally was a super spreader. One third of the kids in the county’s schools have covid.

Sleepy Joe is so bad he couldn’t draw a crowd nearly large enough to cause a super spreader event!

Not gonna come back and defend yourself? No?

You’re quite the gutless coward, MAGAloser.

Cite?

No, no, when the orange shit-gibbon claimed that he had done more in his first two years than any other president in history, the entire UN laughed with him, not at him. It was so hilariously funny because they knew it was true. They knew that the genius of the orange shit-gibbon towered so magnificently over all other presidents going all the way back to George Washington that any comparison at all was just ridiculous. This fact was confirmed by the orange shit-gibbon’s spokesperson who, like all other spokespersons for the orange shit-gibbon, can be depended on to always tell the absolute truth.

I’ll admit Biden isn’t a great public speaker and his age shows in his speech. But he’s mentally sharp af. When he was exiting a press conference and Fox troll Peter Doocy yelled out “What did you and Putin talk about?” he came right back with “You. He sends his best.”

If that had been me,(or most people, I suspect), it would’ve taken me a day to come up with that, and I’d be forever kicking myself for missing it. He’s sharp.

And good for him for actually leading his military instead of letting the Pentagon talk him into doing the opposite of what he wanted to do.

The world is a vast and complex place, and there aren’t any policy decisions that have zero negative consequences for everyone in the world - if there were perfect solutions to everything governing would be easy. And Republicans certainly should be familiar with the concept of acceptable losses, having decided that 200,000 lives* was an acceptable price for some minor mitigation ( at best) of the economic damage wrought by the pandemic.

Yes, the early days of the evacuation were a total bungle, the failure to predict the fall of Kabul was a massive intelligence failure and I really think a serious investigation is in order. The buck may stop with Joe Biden, but the buck goes a lot of places before it gets to him and I’m concerned about the lingering aftereffects of the last four years of maladministration. Many of our government agencies were run by people actively working against the mission of the agency, and Trump probably managed to embed a lot of his people in non-political positions. One criticism that I do have of Biden is that he is trying so hard to not be Trump that he’s left a lot of people in place that I think are corrupted and should be replaced. Chris Wray, for one, but that’s a topic for another post.

• I’m being very fair here, I’m using author Michael Lewis’s estimate of the amount of lives lost due to substandard management of the pandemic - a number he derived by comparing the US loss of live to that of other developed countries. Lewis’s estimate was actually 180,000 but the book was published before the last wave.

… like M-80s thrown into a fire pit when you’re cooking steaks…

Yeah, I love that. Very quick and sharp under pressure. It would have taken me a day to come up with that as well.

Biden stutters a bit, and is not an orator like Obama was. Everyone has difficulties in their life.

Trump couldn’t/can’t put two sentences together. And that’s when he’s reading a prepared speech.

Why do you guys eat the bait?

Boredom?

One thing Biden did pretty well at: the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan went much better than expected. We got out, on time, without the massive casualties that were expected. No, it wasn’t perfect, but it rarely is. Withdrawals don’t look pretty. You can’t come out looking like the winner.

There being only one major attack, by a group that is not aligned with the de facto government? That’s remarkably good. That’s obviously cold comfort for the family of thsoe who lost their lives, but the good part is that it’s over. There’s no reason for anyone to lose their lives on this pointless 20-year occupation ever again.

It would be great if the American military actually were to have trained up the Afghan military to be able to protect their government, but they didn’t. And that is all stuff that happened on other people’s watch. Biden came in with a withdrawal deal already on the table. He tried a bunch of things to limit the damage. Most of those fell through, but he succeeded in pulling us out.

They got the Taliban to grant safe passage, FFS. Sure, that’s in their best interests as the de facto government (as they want foreign mineral operations and to play on the big stage), but I definitely believe the US had a hand in reminding them of that,

Exactly right. If there’s one thing the Republicans are good at, it’s creating a narrative in which every Democrat achievement is an unmitigated disaster.

Sometimes when two things seem oddly coincidental, it’s because there is an underlying correlation.

Well I certainly didn’t have such low expectations. There has been chaos, and deaths, and as an afterthought a scramble to begin evacuating some of the translators and their families.

8 years as Vice President doesn’t count? We artificially propped up a system that was fundamentally rotten, and corrupt, and the collapse was inevitable (yes, the corrupt Afghan generals and bureaucrats bear most of the blame).

Look, for me, there can be nuance in these things.

I’m a Biden supporter. I approve of the vast majority of things he’s done. I strongly disagree with the OP.
BUT
I am also critical of the way the occupation was handled, as well as this withdrawal.

We’re hungry. Some BBQ this is; all these people and hardly anything to grill.

Nom nom nom.

You might as well ask, “Why does the GQP chow down on veterinarian grade horse wormer in the morning and then spew shit out of their ass all day?” . Are the mid-west and pac northwest so desperate for fertilizer now that the Rump Big Lie and the Treasonist Insurrectionists have been bounced out of most legitimate social media that they need Barnyard Laxatives?