Can someone parse this latin motto?

STELLA FUTURA MICAT DIVINO LUMINE

I am not confident at all about my guesses, and appeal to someone who may have a clue.

“The stars will always shine with a divine light”?

Literally, ‘(The) future star shines by divine light’.

Stella is a nominative singular noun.
Futura is an adjective and so agrees in case and gender with its noun. It’s also the future participle of esse, to be.
Micat is third person singular, present tense of micare, to shine.
Divino is an adjective and is ablative singular
Lumine is ablative singular of Lumen, light.

“A future star shines with divine light.”

Make that “A future star shines with divine light.”

Guys, he wanted it parsed, not a translation!

Google says this is the motto of the Taylour family, BTW.

Just to elaborate a little:

Stella is a first declension noun and is feminine.
Lumen is a third declension noun and its gender is irrelevant.

As far as meaning goes, note that lumen can mean glory, so the phrase could be translated as ‘The coming star shines with the glory of God.’

Stanley Kowalski’s next pet feline will glow with holiness?

Sorry, I took German in high school.

Thanks, folks. (Particularly Quartz, natch.) Glad to see I’m not that far off.

Larry, if you don’t mind, out of curiosity, what was giving you trouble?

I’m a Latin teacher, so finding out why things cause trouble will help me teach better.

I doubt if I can offer you any particular insight for teaching, sorry. I actually had it correctly, but mostly by inference. The whole of my education in latin amounts to one of those bible-sized Latin-English dictionaries, with an introductory essay on basic grammar. I’ve had this same tiny volume since c. 1998, and it has been my Absolute Authority whenever I need to puzzle a bit of latin out.

In this case, though, I’m considering having this motto incorporated into a tattoo to mark the birth of my daughter, “Stella.” What was giving me trouble was that although my poor understanding suggested that “Stella” was singular in this case, from the context I had a vague feeling that it might be plural. I don’t want something ungrammatical permantly inked onto my skin, so I thought it’d be prudent to refer to smarter folks.

BTW, I want to design the tattoo to match this, but with a six-pointed star in the center, and the motto around the fringe, and I have no idea what else, yet.

Ah, cool. Glad you were able to puzzle it out!

You were probably worried because -a is also a neuter plural ending.

Aha - so there is a Taylour/Taylor connection!

Yes. Well, we Taylors are as common as mud.

Win.

Even if it’s not a factual answer.

Makes violinist Lucia Micarelli’s name look even more interesting.