Can you beat my dumbassness?...Not (Girlfriend gone wild)

There must be something I am missing here. So, enlighten me.

Lets see; you were in your last year of school, but your F1 was no good? How did you manage to enroll in that last part of your studies? In fact how did you get in at all? If the earlier part of your studies were smooth sailing, what caused the “goon squad” to look at you in particular? 14 million non-legal and they single YOU out? – (it can happen but not usually, at least not the way you present). How does a guy from India, (or any where else for that matter), amass 50 grand on an F1? He doesn’t. Not legally any way. We need more info. Did you live here for years prior to going to school? And if you had, you would know better. And now you want restitution four years later? Har-Dee-Har-Har!
Even if it were true it would never happen. You know it, I know it, WE ALL know it.

Is there something that you are not telling us perhaps? I mean really, why did you sign your bank account over to her again? What the hell would cause you to do that? To begin with, that is NOT something immigration would require. In fact, that’s not something immigration would even INQUIRE about, (unless you are a criminal), they just want your documents straight. Had you owned a house would you have been required to give that to her as well? No. (Duh!), Zillions of people with no current visa hold property here, have bank accounts, and conduct business here every single day. Why were you the exception? Was it “Crack” money? You wouldn’t have lost your money in any case. You do not need to be an American citizen to hold an American bank account. And if you had really managed to amass 50 grand , (and that’s not really enough to put you on the radar anyway), you would know that. If what you are saying is true, and I doubt it, you should have just taken your check book home with you, and opened a bank account drawn on the American bank, there would have been transfer fees and deposit taxes for sure, but you wouldn’t have lost that much in the conversion. I don’t get it. I write checks drawn on American banks all the time for deposit in foreign countries. Why would you feel compelled to sign your life savings over to her? If she needed money, you could have sent it to her from your country, (I do that all the time too), none of this makes any sense. And I think you know that too. Hope you had fun here.

I smell fish.

Not so fast

Ok we will go slow.

Yes you are.

What F1? Let me check the OP again. Yeah, what F1?

That I can’t tell you. Sorry.

I don’t know, I didn’t ask. Deportations happen all the time. Especially after 9-11. Read more news.

Now this is just stupid. “amass 50 grand”? Umm working hard and saving? No?
Guess what I also managed to “amass” a car, TV, nice clothes and mobile phone! Legally. I will fax you 10 years of W2s right away. :wally Oh I forgot, “a guy from India” wouldn’t know how to fax.

Little over 10 years.

I thought so too. Read title again.

Funny I know.

Im so encouraged now. You rock!

Umm yeah. My whole life history. Wanna hear?

Between handcuffs drawn, Girlfriend crying, me shaking, time of the day, there was no time to research all possible consequences. I just signed a few blank checks and gave my ATM card and pin so she could hire a lawyer, bail me and all that stuff. Oh well next time.

Never been arrested by INS I see. I was not " required" to, I just thought it would be a good idea. I didn’t know INS laws at the time concerning property of deportable aliens. I asked them to swing by the bank after arrest so I could send a wire but they didn’t want to. Banks were not open anyway but we could have waited.

Do these “Zillions of people with no current visa” also enroll in college?

You forgot to mention pimping, human slave trade, arms dealing, money laundering, which are also commonly used to “amass” 50K by “guys from India”.

Good to know now. Let me just fire up my time machine.

You don’t believe my story? Awww. Does that mean you don’t wanna give me your credit card info so I can mail you Toner Cartridges?

Time machine not working :smack:

I was not “compelled”. I make spectacular mistakes of my own free will.

My exact feelings too but I had paid the cyber cafe for the hour so I thought I would reply anyway.
Yeah I had fun there.

I smell roasted moron with side of racism. Thanks for making me feel so much smarter. You have restored my faith in myself. No, really. Thanks.

I know people like you are in the minority here on SDMB but you sure make your presence felt.

Badmash:

Duuude,

nice “re-butt”!

Spent some time on that answer huh?

I still think it’s a crock of shit though. And all the stuff you posted above makes it all the more hilarious. Pretty tactful how you point out my questions yet still have no answers. Then you foam it all up and call me a racist too boot! CLASSIC!

I suppose the next thing you are going to tell us is “I did NOT inhale”.

Sheesh,

You had 50k as a college student? How did that happen?

Now you are broke? Despite having 50k in savings? You were rich before you went to college, and now nothing? I don’t get this. Your family went broke? what? What happened to your family’s money?

Janx, if you feel that someone is trolling, just report it to the moderators. Please do not accuse that person, even subtly, as it derails the thread and is against the rules, anyway.

Badmash, directing the Putz smiley at another poster is considered an insult, and insulting other posters belongs in the Pit. Please do not do this again.

This thread has been pretty derailed, and I don’t see much hope for it being set on track again. If y’all wanna take each other to the Pit, feel free to do so, but please remember the board rules no matter the forum in which you’re playing.