Canadian City (help needed)

I am interested in vacationing in a canadian city that I’ve been to before called “Canandagua” or something like that. Does anyone know the correct spelling of this city so I can look it up on Lycos? I’ve tried about 100 different spellings, to no avail and no, I don’t have an atlas…
Thanks a lot!

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; A pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.

Um, What province? Far north? South? Gimme something to work with.

I’m a Canuck, but I’ve only heard of Canandaigua as a county in Detroit or Rochester or something. Anyway try spelling it like I just did.

There’s a Canandaigua near of Buffalo, New York, so my guess is that the Canadian city of the same name is somehwere in that area (Niagra Falls/St. Catherines/Hamilton Ontario)

Jason R Remy

“No amount of legislation can solve America’s problems.”
– Jimmy Carter (1980)

I live near Canandaigua, New York. It’s a mid-sized town approx twenty five miles southeast of Rochester (and about seventy five miles from Canada). If this is what you’re looking for, I can give you more information. Personally, I’ve always found Canandaigua to be a nice town, but I’ve never thought of it as a major tourist destination. Its main attractions are its beach, the local wineries, and a ski resort.

Sure you’re not getting those Indian names mixed up Zette.
There’s a Chateauguay in Quebec, a Canning in Nova Scotia, a Carbonear in New Foundland.
Those are the closest I could come from an index on a Canadian roadmap, but its from 1991

Canandaigua is a pleasant little city on Canandaigua Lake in West Central New York, between Syracuse and Rochester just off I-90. There is no similar name in eastern Ontario.

Way off the wall possibility: Ganonoque (pronounced “ganna-KNOCK-way” is a resort community near Kingston. It’s not even close in name, but has the same dah-dah-DAH-dah meter, and might possibly be the far end of a “well, gee, it sounded like…” sequence.

God, I musta been exhausted last night when I posted that message…frighteningly enough, Polycarp- Ganonoque is exactly what I was thinking of…I haven’t been there in a long time and I always get the two mixed up (used to vacation at both). Thanks for the info, Poly :slight_smile:

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; A pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity.

Zette, you crack me up…
And don’t forget: it’s the mean U.S. Customs officers who put you through the third-degree when you get back to your country, not the kind and friendly Canadian ones :wink:

Polycarp: Must say I’m quite impressed too by your deductive capabilities :slight_smile: It’s Gananoque by the way.

Zette: Check out www.gananoque.com

There is a very small town called Cayuga in Ontario but I’m sure that is not what you were looking for.

Omniscent- that’s why I’m going back! lol! I was boycotting! Of course, with a 40% exchange I’d be tempted to vacation in hell! (Maybe Satan will rent me a room?)
Thanks for the info, all! Not only are you all smart, you’re mind readers, too!