Capitalist bastards!

Wrong. It is all about the tie. I mean, who actually looks down at a person’s feet, whereas a tie sits right on your chest? You’re right about the suit however; a prospective employer can see right through your feeble attempts to look impressive.

A good tie however can make or break a job interview. So, what you should do is dispense with the suit entirely and just wear a snazzy tie. Heck, just dispense with all of your clothes so as not to distract from your neckwear.

I promise you, in no time flat your status within in society will zoom from being someone unemployed to being someone living in a Big House, with three square meals a day, and cable TV.

On an unrelated note, what newspaper has the best police blotter in your area?

Boy is it EVER about the shoes!!!

Email me. It’s in the profile.

I’m a publishing God, remember.

E-mail on the way!

Most word processors (Word, WordPerfect, etc.) have a nifty template for creating snazzy resumes. One of the ways you can customize the resume is by adding whatever headings you want. I’m thinking that a “Suit Status” heading right below “Objective” (which no one reads anyway) and right above “Work History” would do the trick.

Or is “Suit Status” one of those EEOC things, like race and religion, you’re not supposed to ask about? I forget.

BTW, not getting any response from a resume, even a form letter “We got your resume, thanks, but no thanks” response, is rude, inconsiderate, and uncivilized. I do the hiring at my company, and I remember the nervous days after sending a resume.

And before you ask, we’re not hiring now, thank you.