Cat avatars on the Dope

Prove me wrong.

I like @Airbeck’s, @Morgyn’s, and @SuntanLotion’s best. Their cats have the most expressive faces!

[Scarface] Say hello to my little friend. [/Scarface] :cat:

Mine is the cat that had no fucks left!

Hello. Um. I am not a cat. I’m ready to begin the meeting though…

In reality I have 3 cats of my own at home. My eldest is Sagan, a female tortie that will be 17 February 1st. She has hyperthyroid and no teeth, but still loving life. Then I have 2 almost 3 year old siblings, a soft grey girl named Andy, and a grey tabby boy named Data.

My avatar is obviously not one of them though haha.

Maybe I can lure them back. :slight_smile:

Nah, we need an avatar of catnip.

[lickslips] nah, I prefer Seanette’s idea. [/lickslips]

Alright, this thread reminded me to fix my avatar. This is Chessie, the bestest of cats. I adopted him from the shelter when he was 10 or 11 and dumped on the street by some idiot because they didn’t want to “deal with an older animal and have to feel bad when they died”. He came in to the shelter covered in burrs and cuts and starving to death. They removed the burrs, cut out the mats (why they didn’t shave him down I don’t know) and then called him “Patches” because he was so patchy looking. I fostered him for awhile, didn’t like the name but couldn’t change it as a foster, so I called him “Ches” for the last part of Patches, and when I adopted him at last, the name stuck so he became Chessie. He’s now 14 or 15. He is da bestest kitty.

Well, this thread finally got me to upload an avatar.
May I present Lilo. I adopted him from a shelter in August, he is born May 1 '21 and is a nice and purry cat who loves to be scratched on the tummy. He is trying to establish a territory by fighting all the neighbour cats, so presently he is only allowed out when I am at home and can run to his rescue when I hear yowling.

I will point out that my avatar, a shapeshifting master of darkness can be a cat anytime it wants! While I’m suffering from a malaise of energy that prevents me from bothering (to conquer the world and all existence) much right now, you are free to contribute to a charity that benefits evil cats everywhere!

All credit apparently to GreviousAlien for the above image.

Meet Samantha. She’s my fluff.

Piper, my big, cuddly boy. Sadly, I only had him for six years.

Nice to know theres a lot of us.
Skritch

My avatar is Cisco, who was (one of the) Best Cat(s) Ever. I’m from the long-ago days of the SDMB, but I don’t know if I ever had an avatar back then (if we even had avatars at the turn of the century?), but that was before Cisco was even born, so I know it wasn’t this one. Anyhow, I’ve been using this remarkably blurry photo for an avatar on every social media site for about the past ten years, so I’m putting it here, too. Hello (or hello again), everybody!

Image is too dark. Here, a bit of brightening and slight colour adjustment with Photoshop – best I could do with the limited image information in the original …

That’s very sweet! I cropped and downsized the image more than once to satisfy size limits from the early days of avatars, and now I kind of consider it my vibe. :smile:

He looks hypnotized.

All cats have that same expression. Whereas dogs all have that happy “do ya wanna go out and play?” expression. This is why I love dogs, aside from the fact of being of canine heritage myself.
:dog2: