CBS pulls plug on Two and a Half Men

The fact that Charlie consented to an interview with Alex Jones in the first place shows that he has gone way off the deep end.

Definitely pull the plug on this one. Charlie is waaaaaayyyyy off the deep end. He needs to get his head screwed back on straight before anyone gives him any more work.

That stuff is crazy enough that he can say it was a joke. “You took me seriously? Come on!”

He’ll wait until he gets back from the Bahamas though.

I like the show. I think Angus T. Jones has the best comedic timing of any child actor I’ve ever seen. He’s a natural, and he was good from the beginning. Jon Cryer is great at physical comedy. Ferrell and Holland Taylor are gold, as is Melanie Lynsky (sp?), the woman who plays Rose. How she didn’t get a spinoff, I’ll never know.

I don’t think there’s a laugh track. Isn’t there an audience?

Maybe they just need to re-cast it. I understand Moammar Qadaffi and Hosni Mubarack are available… Two and a Half Dictators?

With Kim Jong-Il as Jake.

I wonder if they have to pay the actors for the unshot episodes, and if so if that extends to Sheen. I know most of the crew is pay for play because that’s been on the news, but they have different contracts and a different union. If not I wonder if they- and the crew (who definitely doesn’t get paid as they have different contracts/unions) have a lawsuit against him.

I don’t know why they just don’t write Charlie Sheen out of the episodes for the rest of the season and see how they do? What have they got to lose? Have Holland Taylor move into Charlie’s Room and increase her part. I’ve liked her since she was on Bosom Buddies. They could just put Charlie’s character in Rehab, which would be plausible.

Great idea…Teenage Mutant Ninja Vatican Warlocks!

Jon Cryer was hysterical on Conan: “I’m checking TMZ to see if I have to go to work that day”.

Sheen was making over $1.5 million per episode, Jon Cryer $400,000 per episode, and while I’m sure the rest of the cast doesn’t make nearly that much each I’m sure that collectively it’s an additional six figures per episode. I would guess that this show, in spite of the ratings, is far less lucrative to the network than several lesser hits.

Cheers got that way by the end, when even Wendt and Ratzberger were pulling down bigger salaries than the stars of some other hit shows; it was an anchor show but it was far from the top earner.

I hate to say it but that rant is downright entertaining. A sane person simply pretending to be nuts could not come close to the rock solid, authentic crazy in that spew. You could not write or say that shit if your brain didn’t look like a pile a scrambled eggs.

Wow. He sounds as insane as Randy Quaid. Watch out Charlie. The Star Whackers are coming after you next.

The show was never great - put me in the camp who wonders how it became the most-watched show on TV - but it has gotten worse as the years pass. I’m hoping they can it and give a new show a chance.

I have an idea: replace Sheen with Ted McGinley.

Damn them all for stealing my ideas. I’m pitching a Baen Books concept based off of the phrase “Witchfinder General,” with an elite Witchfinder corps tracking down rogue magic users who threaten public safety and national security. Their organization is multi-denominational (“Those who would use magic to their own ends are not limited to Christian believes, we can’t afford to be either.”) and has a church-like hierarchy and ranks (“Deacon-Sergeant Hygenia is a Wiccan herself, and she recognizes that our title is a historical accident, but that doesn’t mean she has to be happy about it.”)

I’ve got a costume planned out for my next Con - black tac vest and clerical collar, holy books, amulets, holy water ampules and all at hand.

Kinda John Ringo writes Harry Dresden type crap.

I love the earlier episodes of Two and a Half Men, before it became, well, Three Men. A decade later and they’re still writing Alan to be the hapless free-loader, while older brother Charlie cycles through gorgeous women who can inexplicably overlook the fact that he’s still wearing bowling shirts. The only character that has grown at all is the son, and that’s because the producers couldn’t halt puberty.

Charlie Sheen needs help and a strong dose of humility. And the show needs to be sent to the sitcom graveyard where it belongs.

I just find it amazing that all this insanity and controversy is surrounding the safest, blandest, most conventional show on television – even if you like it, you’ve got to admit that the show is in no way “out there.”

That’s what’s funny actually. The contrast between Charlie Sheen’s outraged rants and the show’s pretty harmless content is hilarious.

The bit that gets me is his comment about “the octagon”. I can only think he imagines himself to have an actual octagon of glowing power around himself.

Perfect!

I think they should kill off Charlie Harper and bring in another “half man” who is his biological son. Then the “two men” would be Alan and Jake.

Or Sarah Chalke.